Honda Fury Forums: banner

SH!TING BRICKS

2K views 21 replies 6 participants last post by  Bo 
#1 ·
So
I got myself a side mount plate, NOW I am not too sure how to remove the original plate stuff from the bike. I am not in the money to be going stealth and kinda like the look of the original tail light...Problem is that I am not sure what is the best way to cut off the plate mount and plastic "stuff"
Obviously any and every tidbit of help is appreciated. I know guys on here have done it as I have seen pics with them done, just would like to hear from the DIY's before I ruin it!

Thanks

#3 ·
;o)

I am talking about removing all of that including the light and only having the taillight...no plate light at all. But from what I see I have to cut the light out...Yours looks nice and clean to me. How do you like the stealth. Is it worth the $$$. any electrical issues?

#4 ·
;o)

Do you have an after shot with the stealth on there so I can compare. I really like the clean look of what you originally had set up there. I would like to see a stealth from a closeu POV and its extra nice to see a bike the same colour as mine :O)

#7 ·
;o)

I appreciate the trade offer, but I purchased a sidemount plate thingy. i will take you up on those pics of how you cut the plastics though. I assume you did the black friday buy on the stealth...can you hear that noise, yeah thats me kicking myself- CR@P

#19 ·
The LP light removed, I was going to place LP to the top of it and use led bolts I found @ the bike store to illuminate . View attachment 15579

A member posted this next pic , he used epoxy to fill signal holes and rebuild removed LP light mount for a clean finish, sanded and reprinted, View attachment 15580

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
That used to be my old set up until I sold it here to a forum member. Cut the light off. There is going to be a hole left there. Use plastic epoxy or bumper fill. Fill it in ,sand and paint with black spray paint. Looks hard but once you start doing it its easy. Take your time and you will see

#20 ·
Dave,
I'm in the process of this dame thing. I have an MFR taillights on its way. Did the takedown tonight and was curious as to what you did to smooth the plastic part where the beaver tail came through? Here's a closeup pic...thought about trimming it off but then noticed how the light locates in it.

Sent from my Desire HD using Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.