Vance and hines fuel pack...

6K views 38 replies 9 participants last post by  ozzman 
#1 ·
Has anyone used/have one.
Starting my plan for mods..
Cheers
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#4 ·
Good to see you on the forum again James. How are the Mrs and baby....guess the "baby" is about 12 months old by now.

Been sorting out all my chrome parts that got back from CA on Christmas Eve and putting them on. I should be able to match Tony and Jim chrome for chrome now.....LOL:D

#5 ·
Lol, yea.. those guys and their chrome... ! :D Anyways, she is 1 year old today, we are throwing her birthday party today and hopefully, it doesn't rain, but whatever is to be is to be... Glad to see you are doing okay though, don't let the sun hit the bike while it is too close to you though, might catch you on fire with all of that chrome on there.. ;)

#7 ·
Yeah that's what I have for now. It has three pots to adjust. Best setting for AU bikes is 2 3 3 or 2 3 4 (the US bikes are a bit different and use 1 2 2). The better controller is the Cobra Fi2000 Power Pro as it automatically tunes as you ride. I will be changing over to this sometime this year.

I have found Cruiser Customizing a good and reliable business to get parts from. They also run their own shipping insurance, for a extra $2 if your bits don't turn up they will ship another at no charge to you. I have never had anything not arrive from them but one of the other Aussies did have his Cobra controller go missing. He called them and they sent another one straight out with no drama. The other good thing about Cruiser Customizing is that they have no problem shipping to Oz, they even have a local phone number to call. They sell at a discount off the US retail prices but they are not always the cheapest in the US, I think the hassle free and reliable service is worth a few extra bucks and anyway by the time you get the parts here in Oz you have saved so much, it's just not worth worrying about a few dollars.

#9 ·
Cool you're all set. Get the Power Pro from Cruiser customizing when you're ready.

Other "must haves"
Thunder MFG air cleaner adapter
Supreme Legends Forwards (Send me a PM for details to get a special discount)
Cannela Risers
C&C seat

#12 ·
Shipping is the killer for us in OZ. Went to order the Canella risers & their shipping costs were huge. $143. :eek: That is almost 3 times what it cost to ship my d&g xl seat from the states. Customized cruising rates are reasonable & have bought from them, but when comparing the price, don't forget to include shipping for a true cost comparison.

#15 ·
You can go to their site & check it out. I picked the chrome riser with the extra stainless bolts, went to checkout, checked shipping & that was the cheapest cost they had.

I hear you point about having to go to the post office, but in my view, you are either in online sales or not. If you are, then get your shipping prices down. A lot of the online places have free shipping within the 48 states & reasonable shipping elsewhere. IMHO, if you don't want international business, then say so. If you do, then the retailer needs to look at shipping costs. If going to the USPO, is the reasonable way to ship, then go to the post office, even if it is only once a week. You can also list quicker more expensive shipping on your site & the buyer can choose to pay the extra for the fast delivery. If a retailer does low volume USPO shipping, then by all means add a handling charge to cover the trip to the post office. People have being doing this on Ebay for ages

I will wait a few extra days for a reasonable shipping price. I am the buyer, I have the cash & if I don't like the deal, I will go to one of their competitors, which I have. I have bought the Vtxtreme risers & they are on the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#16 ·
I just took a look and to get two replacement bolts out they wanted US $97 to ship $6-50 worth of bolts. They are using UPS express but even so they are loading the shipping up like crazy. They can't want to sell anything internationally now. Yet they will ship free USPS to us addresses.

#17 ·
It's obvious that they are not interested in international business, unless that can find someone who will pay their loaded prices. Like I said, talk with your feet.

Btw, Vtxchoppers who sell the vtxtreme risers, are great to do business with. Shipping is reasonable & they are providing email updates on the shipping progress vis US postal service.

Maybe we should get a thread going called international retailers thumbs up or down

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#18 ·
Another thing you could do is find someone that you would trust, buy the part and ship to them and then have them ship to you. I know when I sold my stock front seat that it cost like $65 to ship it and it got to the person in 7 days, I was amazed, hell it's taken me longer to get stuff from California to my house in Florida than that. Just thought I would throw that out their.

#20 ·
I got an email back from Christine this morning. She said USPS to Oz would be $65. I asked if they would ship to my buddy in California and she said no problem just give them the address to ship it to. So the trick is to have it shipped to a mate in the USA.
Cheers!

#22 ·
The listing sounds suspect to me. The VTX1300C is not a Fury. A Fury is VT1300CX or VT1300CXA if you have an ABS model.

The only fuel pack V&H list on their site is this one 64001 - (05-08) Honda VTX 1800. Needless to say it's not for a Fury.

#25 ·
I know you are saying that it's "Vance and Hines" and you have an exhaust by them, but 1. they don't have a controller for the Fury, 2. why wouldn't you buy an adjustable fuel controller like the Fi2000 ($200) or the PowerPro ($450-500), those two are tried and true controllers that many of us have, and like I stated the Fi2000 is even cheaper than what you are looking at.

#27 · (Edited)
The Fi2000R is solid, but not as good as the power pro. I am using one right now and have it set to 2 3 4. Strangely enough it was the last pot that seemed to make the largest difference. Depending on your air cleaner 2 3 3 may also be OK. The US bikes use 1 2 2 but this does not add enough extra fuel for our O2 sensor equipped bikes.

#32 ·
I would like to buy the Cobra PowrPro fuel manager, to get the best out of my (ordered) FSD-exhaust. But I'm from The Netherlands (Europe) and I read on the Cobra-site that this is only suitable for U.S. motors.

Is there no European version of the Cobra PowrPro fuel manager, or a comparable alternative? I only want a "plug-and-play-version".

I've already contacted Cobra, but still heard nothing from them.

#35 ·
screw your fucking thread.......Is this not a fucking fuel controller made by vance and hines for the honda fury?

#36 ·
what am i missing? from the vance and hines website for fury 09 and up?

Attachments

#39 ·
i sorry for the post i thought it was for me....and yes i have cabin fury....but no one has awnsered my question still?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.