Honda Fury Forums: banner

Hid Kit

11K views 47 replies 21 participants last post by  MR.MOM 
#1 ·
#8 ·
If you guys want a cheap replacement bulb that offers a brighter (30% more) and clearer bulb that doesn't melt your harness either. The GE NightHawk bulb. Trust me you guys won't be disappointed. IMO HID ballasts get hot the smaller they are. The Fury is already tightly built so very little room. I wouldn't want something like a ballast melting anything away. Just a suggestion!

#16 ·
update!

:)Ok guys i got my kit in today, ive been pretty busy with work, my brothers moving, and boss hoss rally in town. so i have been messing with the kid, it will work but it is not the slim ballast from the link i posted earlier, they sent me the larger one. and most of yal know there is not a lot of room on the fury as it is....i will try making a how to tom. but it is on my bike looks great the sucker is blue and bright! i have the ballast mounted under tank in a little pocket. if i had the slim one (which i might order) it can tuck in between gas tank and top frame rail nicely. but this one needs to be a 1/2 inch thinner. ill post more pics tom also, tell me what you think. pics don't do justice IT WAS A PLUG AND PLAY but i had to extend the wires just a little bit for my comfort.

before, after (taken with cell phone sorry)

Attachments

#17 ·
That looks a lot better! Good Job!

#19 ·
i got the 10k, havent rode yet cause of rain here. Its bright tho! its high and low. (you have to have a relay kit for it to be high(blue)) i have not hooked up the relay yet cause of a wad of wiring it comes with so right not my low beam is blue and high is yellow. but i keep it on low it was twice as bright as my factory high.:cool:

#21 ·
thanks man, today im at work/boss hoss rally. but i dont really care about the ballast location, if you kneel down you can see it. so im going to order a slim ballast and relocate it again to where you cant see it even if your laying down lol :D

#22 ·
hey guys sorry i haven't had time to do a how-to, im unhappy with the ballast location( you can see it when you bend down a little), so i ordered a slim ballast. when i change them out hopefully this weekend i will do a follow up. a regular ballast will not fit easily on this bike at all. other than that a hid is a must for everyone! my lowbeam is brighter than my old high-beam, and the oh so sweet blue look:D

#23 ·
absolutely cannot wait to read your how to guide....this upgrade is something i will begin the moment i read your guide......thanks man..

Did I catch that you said you used the H4 bulb? Thats really the only Q i have before I order this product. I did my own HID install on my Honda TRX 450er and was definitely pleased with the results. I dont blame you though I worked very hard on ensuring my install was clean and looked good.

Appreciate the updates man!!!

#24 ·
thanks man! yes it is a H4 bulb. i really like the look of the blueness and wow its bright! and yes this how to will be a clean install like ever aftermarket part i put on my customers cars. you will not be able to see the ballast at all or it will not be going on my bike.

#25 · (Edited)
hey guys! sorry it took for ever ive been busy, good news there is a place on the fury where you will not see the ballast or have to extent the wires, direct plug and play. the how to is really short because there is not much to see which is a good thing:) i ordered a slim ballast off ebay for 16 bucks. and it is a must on the fury. all you do is replace the bulb with the new h4 bulb. there are three pigtails that come off the bulb. and a connector. the connector plugs into the factor plug on the bike. the other three plug directly into the ballast (idiot proof) i ran the wires through the headlight housing and ran them next to the factor wiring in the loom. cant even see them. i took off my seat and gas tank. (5 mins) there is enough room in between the gas tank and top frame rail (see pic) for the ballast. i put some Velcro on the ballast and it fit snug in-between the tank and frame. then i slid the tank back on and enjoyed the blue.... you cannot see the ballast or wiring on my bike. if anyone has any questions or more pics just ask! thanks!:cool: you might need sunglasses for the brightness. there is a pic of the regular ballast next to the slim one.

Attachments

#26 ·
i would of taken more pics but it wasn't much to see. if anyone needs help or any questions what so ever please ask. i was going to put the ballast next to the battery but i was concerned with future mods (airshock). :) these pics are in order of install. wires ran and everything.

Attachments

#27 ·
did my first night ride tonight and wow! riding next to my father (goldwing trike) with his brights on mine dominated his. lit up the whole road blue. now i have to put one on his bike. ill get some pics from the driver view at night for yal......\

ride safe.

#33 ·
light pattern is much sharper, haven't got flashed yet, only rode once through town at night. i have the relay for high beam but i did not hook it up, i dont like a bunch of wires everywhere where there not needed. i used the 10000k h4. i just put hids on my brothers altima and they look sweet!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.