3" fork extenders on a bike with ABS ? - Page 3 - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 04:20 PM   #21 (permalink)

I hear you what you are saying FB, I am a function over looks person too,, but I want the function to look good as we well, hence my choice of Gintz.

Do you have some pics of the Gintz mounting bracket setup with dimensions..I.e. thickness off the bracket etc. Was just thinking of the possibility of building my own brackets that would still mean that I could do the Tmod.

At the end of the day, if I can't work a way round the problem, then I will go with the Gintz & forgo the Tmod.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2013, 05:55 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austones View Post
I hear you what you are saying FB, I am a function over looks person too,, but I want the function to look good as we well, hence my choice of Gintz.

Do you have some pics of the Gintz mounting bracket setup with dimensions..I.e. thickness off the bracket etc. Was just thinking of the possibility of building my own brackets that would still mean that I could do the Tmod.

At the end of the day, if I can't work a way round the problem, then I will go with the Gintz & forgo the Tmod.

I got the start of an Idea What model sissy bar was you going for?
Old 01-04-2013, 07:09 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:

With the Fury I tend to go with function, especially when it comes to the two up capacity. I'm not doing anything that would ruin the ability to put the Mrs and 4 days worth of stuff on the bike and do 500 K plus days. The T-Mod looks cool when the bike is parked but you can't see it while you're riding and only other Fury owners would notice it at a meet up anyway.
macxpert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:14 PM   #24 (permalink)

Hell bent hardcore or extreme. My first thought was hardcore, but I remember a post or 2 about people wishing they had gone the higher for gear carrying reasons. So what is your idea FB? I have already thought of getting a monolith bar & using the extra length to weld it to the frame. Downside is bar cannot be removed.

Hey Mac, my first focus is getting the missus & gear on the back. I am just being a pig & wanting it all Don't really care if others think my bike looks cool, it is just when I look at the fury, the only 2 things that annoy me visually, is the beaver tail & the height of the guard off the rear wheel & I can only see that when I am off the bike.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:00 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Hell bent hardcore or extreme. My first thought was hardcore, but I remember a post or 2 about people wishing they had gone the higher for gear carrying reasons. So what is your idea FB? I have already thought of getting a monolith bar & using the extra length to weld it to the frame. Downside is bar cannot be removed.

Hey Mac, my first focus is getting the missus & gear on the back. I am just being a pig & wanting it all Don't really care if others think my bike looks cool, it is just when I look at the fury, the only 2 things that annoy me visually, is the beaver tail & the height of the guard off the rear wheel & I can only see that when I am off the bike.
Gotta keep the Mrs happy. I got the old school hardcore (20") and it's fine but an extra 5" would be good when the sissy bar bag is on the luggage rack.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:30 AM   #26 (permalink)

First I'm in complete harmony with Mac' on the function first. Another guy's posts and threads on the subject that are realy invaluable, & that is Senor Gar
Have a look before you make your final decision.

Enough preaching,
My idea is to loose bolt the Ginz brackets to the outside of the frame. If you'r going for the hell bent. extreme or monolith, you would need to spread the actual bar by 16mm each side to fit to the brackets.
I cant see why this wouldn't work.
I would try it as i said by loose bolting the brackets to the outside of the frame, Fit the bar and torque it up. Then tighten the bracket bolts.
Bear in mind this is just an idea and would need testing as an experiment.
I can't see it working with a shorter s/bar, the longer the better.
If it does work it will give you 8mm clearance on the right instead of 3mm. or 11 mm if tou welded. I wouldnt want to weld, Its too permanent.
Not sure but if you pull this off, it may help with the fit of the bar/seat relationship.

On the other hand. If it dosn't work. nothing lost, You still have your Ginz and a small piece of sorrow over the T-mod.
Good luck whichever way you go.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:03 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:

I have the Ginz extreme Tee-pee and the Ginz 8 inch back rest pad and no T- Mod. but I had a couple of thoughts.
The T-mod might change the angle of the bar and make it lean to far back to make it comfortable for your wife... just a thought?
Also beware of making your on brackets as ginz bars are solid round bar and heavy, there was an old thread of a Lady who had a bracket crack( break) ginz redesigned a heavier duty bracket although the cause of of break was never determined... they also replaced all the previous brackets they had sold to their customers... with Ginz you get function , Quality and a cool product.
Ginz has done their homework.. so be careful on modifying their design, call them and ask questions. me just thinking.....
KenD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:19 AM   #28 (permalink)

Exactly what Ken said. Back rests are a completely different ball game and will change all the questions and perameters.
I remember the Ginz bracket saga and they absolutely jumped through hoops of fire to put it right. Its a superb chop product.
My opinion says Ginz or T-mod. I think your lady may have the final say.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:28 AM   #29 (permalink)

Hey, I have found a guy who reckons he can mod my d&g xl seat with a sissy bar. He is out at Dubbo.

Here is a pic of one of his seats.
http://metcruze.com.au/images/options/sissybar.jpg

He reckons he can also add a rack as well. All up he estimates around $400

Doing it this way, I can drop the sissy bar when I swap to a single seat with one bolt. This also means I can do the T-mod. Still checking it out & if I proceed, I will post some pics. Just got to work out when I have the time to go for a ride to Dubbo. He does do shipping in & out, but have not been out for a ride to Dubbo in a couple of years.

Found him, after reading some good stuff about his work on some other forums.

Last edited by Austones; 01-12-2013 at 05:13 AM.
Austones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:48 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Hey, I have found a guy who reckons he can mod my d&g xl seat with a sissy bar. He is out at Dubbo.

Here is a pic of one of his seats.
http://metcruze.com.au/images/options/sissybar.jpg

He reckons he can also add a rack as well. All up he estimates around $400

Doing it this way, I can drop the sissy bar when I swap to a single seat with one bolt. This also means I can do the T-mod. Still checking it out & if I proceed, I will post some pics. Just got to work out when I have the time to go for a ride to Dubbo. He does do shipping in & out, but have not been out for a ride to Dubbo in a couple of years.

Found him, after reading some good stuff about his work on some other forums.

I'd ask him for some references before I let him have any of my work. There are too many sub standard "trades" going on these days. I send all my parts to the USA to get chromed because there is no chrome plater that can do the work to the standard I will accept here in Oz.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement