Frame Extension Update - Page 2 - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 09:03 PM   #11 (permalink)

Looking good. I think the fact that the rear fender is missing is throwing off the look. Picture the rear fender on and I think it looks pretty damn good!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 10:02 PM   #12 (permalink)

The bike looks so small what made u choose a fury? Looks great by the way

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Ray fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:11 PM   #13 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to cordkc Send a message via Skype™ to cordkc

Aside from going with a Big Touring Bike (Which btw, looks dwarfed when I sit on it... afterall, it is made for the same size guy as every other bike), what bike is bigger than the Fury? There are really 3 reasons I chose the Fury:
1) Honda makes a great reliable drivetrain. I have no interest in dealing with a Harley's mechanical issues.
2) The Fury frame has exposed,straight and simple frame tubes; this makes it a great candidate for Frame Mods.
3) I personally think the Fury is the best-looking bike on the road.

To the rear tire... Taco is correct I think; the rear fender will make it look much more like a normal bike and a Fury. I can only do what I can do regarding the size of stuff in the world. As we all know, the choices for tire mods is very limitted. The shop doing this would - of course - love to do something with the rear tire (as would most of us). i will ride it next years season, and then if I want to mod the back end i will get a custom back end so that the tire can be both wider and taller. As you can imagine, this would be another long and expensive mod, and to be honest, will likely not happen... but, hey, I will think about it for next year. As of right now, I think it looks great... what I could reasonably do, I have done... it is time to wrap this project up, and get to some riding next year!!!!
cordkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:46 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordkc View Post
Aside from going with a Big Touring Bike (Which btw, looks dwarfed when I sit on it... afterall, it is made for the same size guy as every other bike), what bike is bigger than the Fury? There are really 3 reasons I chose the Fury:
1) Honda makes a great reliable drivetrain. I have no interest in dealing with a Harley's mechanical issues.
2) The Fury frame has exposed,straight and simple frame tubes; this makes it a great candidate for Frame Mods.
3) I personally think the Fury is the best-looking bike on the road.

To the rear tire... Taco is correct I think; the rear fender will make it look much more like a normal bike and a Fury. I can only do what I can do regarding the size of stuff in the world. As we all know, the choices for tire mods is very limitted. The shop doing this would - of course - love to do something with the rear tire (as would most of us). i will ride it next years season, and then if I want to mod the back end i will get a custom back end so that the tire can be both wider and taller. As you can imagine, this would be another long and expensive mod, and to be honest, will likely not happen... but, hey, I will think about it for next year. As of right now, I think it looks great... what I could reasonably do, I have done... it is time to wrap this project up, and get to some riding next year!!!!
How ever you decide to go, the bike is turning out exactly like you want it to, and that is all that matters. I know this has been a long process thus far, so keep up the good work, and i am looking forward to the finished product.

We typically have mild winters here in Georgia, but I am hoping for a little bit more of a white winter this year just so I can start some of the side projects on mine, but who knows, I just do not want to sacrifice riding time yet.

Black Cobra Swepts - No Baffles FTW
Black "Razor Back" Mirrors
Custom Pinstriping
Mike V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:10 PM   #15 (permalink)

I wanted a chooper when I got my sport bike. Two years later they came out with the Honda fury. I've always been a honda guy and when I saw the Fury I said that's my next bike and it was lol I live in FL so there's really only hot as days I don't wanna ride cause I work outside already. So mad props to you guys that can go more than a couple days with out ur bike cause I can't do it lol bike looks great to

Ray fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:21 PM   #16 (permalink)

Good job , spring Trip to warmer climes?

DaveRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:35 PM   #17 (permalink)

Looking great been following the posts looking forward to the finished bike

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
CurtisFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:05 PM   #18 (permalink)

Looks great! but I would add another couple of inches to the forwards.
EvoMotors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:58 PM   #19 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to cordkc Send a message via Skype™ to cordkc

Evo
Funny you should suggest a couple of inches on the forwards, because I did try it more extended. The thing is, and I do understand that I prolly would get used to it, it felt weird with my feet way out there. This just felt like the right position. Maybe it's because I have ridden my whole live with my feet uncomfortably below me...lol. Again, will ride a season, then revisit... it would be a reasonable mod for the future.
Thanks for all the comments... I am happy with it.
One question for you guys.... the forks are at a full 5" extension, and the front is a little higher than the back of the frame. Do you think this is alright? Or, should I take an inch of the extension?
cordkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:02 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordkc View Post
Evo
Funny you should suggest a couple of inches on the forwards, because I did try it more extended. The thing is, and I do understand that I prolly would get used to it, it felt weird with my feet way out there. This just felt like the right position. Maybe it's because I have ridden my whole live with my feet uncomfortably below me...lol. Again, will ride a season, then revisit... it would be a reasonable mod for the future.
Thanks for all the comments... I am happy with it.
One question for you guys.... the forks are at a full 5" extension, and the front is a little higher than the back of the frame. Do you think this is alright? Or, should I take an inch of the extension?
It's all about your comfort. If it feels tight, it's what you need. It doesn't look too small, looks just like one of the custom low choppers.
EvoMotors is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement