Fury Bagger - Page 3 - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2012, 10:21 PM   #21 (permalink)

Wow!! Looks sweet!! Can't wait to see the finished bike

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Motorcycle.com Free App
aussiechef is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 11:25 AM   #22 (permalink)

I just ordered that hardware for the lids and I will be ordering the lids later today. Hopefully will have all of the hardware and lids later this week or weekend. I plan on making a custom bracket to mount the bags to my sumo strut and attach it to the passenger pegs for the lower mounting point. I will be modifying the right bag so I can keep my cobra swept exhaust and I will be changing the lines of the rear fender cover and the rear of the bags to match. All of the work, except for possibly the bracketry including paint prep fabrication will be done by myself and my twin brother. We have already modified the low and mean front fender to fit the custom spoke wheels, which are wider than the front wheel. I plan on making the bags removable so if I want to take everything off, except the rear fender, you will never know it was there from the start. This will truly be a one of a kind FURY when I'm finished with it. More pics to come
jasony82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:22 AM   #23 (permalink)

After working for 6 weeks straight, I finally have some time to work on my bike. This is what I have come up with so far. I went to home depot and got a few pieces of 3/4" round bar. Got a stick welder to weld everything together. I also went to harbor freight and got a tube bender. I cut the passenger pegs off and used the mounting plate to mount the saddlebag support rails to. I had to bend the round bar to come up with a form that flows with the bike and my exhaust. After alot of trial and error and not knowing a thing about welding. This is what I have come up with so far. I am impressed with what I have accomplished so far. Everything with the bags are removable to if I want to take it all off there are only 6 bolts that I have to loosen and I can go back to my custom chopper look. I still have to finish molding the new rear fender to the existing fender and prep everything for paint.
Attached Thumbnails
Fury Bagger-imag0793.jpg   Fury Bagger-imag0792.jpg   Fury Bagger-imag0789.jpg  
Old 12-30-2012, 11:48 AM   #24 (permalink)

Looking good... Man i wish i could weld....

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Motorcycle.com Free App
aussiechef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:58 AM   #25 (permalink)

That's the first time i've ever welded something myself. I got some scrap metal and practiced before I started on the final piece. It's not perfect but it's custom. I need to clean the welds and have it powdercoated. I'm still doing the bodywork on the fender.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:57 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jummy70 View Post
I also have a day job, and might not be able to get back to you for a few days or weeks
TROLL ALERT !!!
Old 02-04-2013, 09:32 PM   #27 (permalink)

Finally making some more progress. I just painted the new molded rear fender.
Attached Thumbnails
Fury Bagger-imag0917.jpg   Fury Bagger-imag0918.jpg   Fury Bagger-imag0919.jpg   Fury Bagger-imag0920.jpg  
Old 02-05-2013, 12:01 AM   #28 (permalink)

Location: West End of the 49th 2010-ABS-Fury (US) Septuagenarian Rider
Send a message via Skype™ to Seņor Gar

Great workmanship
How do you feel about covering up your amazing spoke wheel
Old 02-05-2013, 08:27 AM   #29 (permalink)

Not too bad. I'm not going to ride with the bags on all the time. When it's just the fender you will still be able to see it. Four clips and four bolts are all I have to remove to take the bags off, so it's not hard to switch it back.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:36 AM   #30 (permalink)

I;m finally finished. Let me have some feedback on what you think. Everything on this build/bike was installed/fabricated/painted by myself. Thanks for any ideas/tips you may give.
Attached Thumbnails
Fury Bagger-imag1031.jpg   Fury Bagger-imag1026.jpg   Fury Bagger-imag1029.jpg   Fury Bagger-imag1028.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement