Honda Fury Forums: banner

Fury Bagger

25K views 40 replies 25 participants last post by  AJ2016FURY 
#1 · (Edited)
I am thinking of going in a different direction with my fury. I have ordered a set of extended fiberglass saddlebags and a stretched fender cover. I am going to start fitting the bags this weekend and will have to custom make the mounting brackets to work with the sumo struts. I welcome any input or tips if anyone has tried/done this on their fury. Will take/post pics of the progress as it comes.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I love baggers. I have one of the best bagger manufacturers in the world just down the road. Thing with the fury is the rake. It doesnt fit the line of a bagger. I even looked at increasing the front tire size. Good luck!

#4 · (Edited)
First off, you don't need to go in a different direction with your bike because it looks fantastic the way it is. However, if you really want the bagger look, I would suggest bags that only look like you stretched the fender cover. Custom bags that get you the look with a tight fit but detachable.

Brackets such as these may work: RIDE Best Brackets Heavy-Duty Quick Release Saddlebag Mounting System Best Brackets Saddlebag Mounting System [RIDE-BB] - $119.95 : Ridebikegear.comMotorcycle Saddlebags, Motorcycle Panniers, Luggage & Accessories

Then you would have the best of both worlds. Custom Bagger and turn the key in the detachable bags and voila - Custom Bike! All that would be left is two chrome studs in the Sumo strut.

Good luck and looking forward to what you come up with.

#6 ·
I say go for it if that's the style and look you want. I've got no problem with the bagger look but to me it's just a shame to do it to a sumo fury.

I love the ass end look of the sumo and to cover it after spending all that money just seems such a waste. I think we shouId trade bikes then youll have my blessings. Keep us posted.

#8 ·
My brother (trx450rr) and I are also looking into turning our Fury's into Baggers too!!! We're looking to make our own braketry as well... Can't wait to see some posted pics of your project!!! Some folks may have a good point about the SUMO kit you have... maybe even sell the kit/trade it for a stock rear end... but hey even a fat rear end wouldn't look bad on a bagged Fury!!! Good luck bro!!! Can't wait to see it come along!!!

#22 ·
I just ordered that hardware for the lids and I will be ordering the lids later today. Hopefully will have all of the hardware and lids later this week or weekend. I plan on making a custom bracket to mount the bags to my sumo strut and attach it to the passenger pegs for the lower mounting point. I will be modifying the right bag so I can keep my cobra swept exhaust and I will be changing the lines of the rear fender cover and the rear of the bags to match. All of the work, except for possibly the bracketry including paint prep fabrication will be done by myself and my twin brother. We have already modified the low and mean front fender to fit the custom spoke wheels, which are wider than the front wheel. I plan on making the bags removable so if I want to take everything off, except the rear fender, you will never know it was there from the start. This will truly be a one of a kind FURY when I'm finished with it. More pics to come

#23 ·
After working for 6 weeks straight, I finally have some time to work on my bike. This is what I have come up with so far. I went to home depot and got a few pieces of 3/4" round bar. Got a stick welder to weld everything together. I also went to harbor freight and got a tube bender. I cut the passenger pegs off and used the mounting plate to mount the saddlebag support rails to. I had to bend the round bar to come up with a form that flows with the bike and my exhaust. After alot of trial and error and not knowing a thing about welding. This is what I have come up with so far. I am impressed with what I have accomplished so far. Everything with the bags are removable to if I want to take it all off there are only 6 bolts that I have to loosen and I can go back to my custom chopper look. I still have to finish molding the new rear fender to the existing fender and prep everything for paint.

Attachments

#25 ·
That's the first time i've ever welded something myself. I got some scrap metal and practiced before I started on the final piece. It's not perfect but it's custom. I need to clean the welds and have it powdercoated. I'm still doing the bodywork on the fender.

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.