Fury Bagger - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 08:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Fury Bagger

I am thinking of going in a different direction with my fury. I have ordered a set of extended fiberglass saddlebags and a stretched fender cover. I am going to start fitting the bags this weekend and will have to custom make the mounting brackets to work with the sumo struts. I welcome any input or tips if anyone has tried/done this on their fury. Will take/post pics of the progress as it comes.
Attached Thumbnails
Fury Bagger-img953794.jpg  

Last edited by jasony82; 11-08-2012 at 08:57 PM.
jasony82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 10:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

Looking forward to your fury bagger creation especially done with a sumo keep us posted with pic updates
CurtisFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:55 PM   #3 (permalink)

I love baggers. I have one of the best bagger manufacturers in the world just down the road. Thing with the fury is the rake. It doesnt fit the line of a bagger. I even looked at increasing the front tire size. Good luck!
billpebbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

First off, you don't need to go in a different direction with your bike because it looks fantastic the way it is. However, if you really want the bagger look, I would suggest bags that only look like you stretched the fender cover. Custom bags that get you the look with a tight fit but detachable.

Brackets such as these may work: RIDE Best Brackets Heavy-Duty Quick Release Saddlebag Mounting System Best Brackets Saddlebag Mounting System [RIDE-BB] - $119.95 : Ridebikegear.comMotorcycle Saddlebags, Motorcycle Panniers, Luggage & Accessories

Then you would have the best of both worlds. Custom Bagger and turn the key in the detachable bags and voila - Custom Bike! All that would be left is two chrome studs in the Sumo strut.

Good luck and looking forward to what you come up with.

Last edited by Spud; 11-19-2012 at 10:10 PM.
Spud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:22 AM   #5 (permalink)

Brackets such as these may work: RIDE Best Brackets Heavy-Duty Quick Release Saddlebag Mounting System Best Brackets Saddlebag Mounting System [RIDE-BB] - $119.95 : Ridebikegear.comMotorcycle Saddlebags, Motorcycle Panniers, Luggage & Accessories

I'm in the process of installing these, I will post pics when finished.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
DaveRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:01 AM   #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Dave Maher

I say go for it if that's the style and look you want. I've got no problem with the bagger look but to me it's just a shame to do it to a sumo fury.

I love the ass end look of the sumo and to cover it after spending all that money just seems such a waste. I think we shouId trade bikes then youll have my blessings. Keep us posted.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:34 AM   #7 (permalink)

I hate to mention this, but maybe contact A&D Designz (http://www.addesignz.org/).That was a project they were working on not too long ago.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:06 AM   #8 (permalink)

My brother (trx450rr) and I are also looking into turning our Fury's into Baggers too!!! We're looking to make our own braketry as well... Can't wait to see some posted pics of your project!!! Some folks may have a good point about the SUMO kit you have... maybe even sell the kit/trade it for a stock rear end... but hey even a fat rear end wouldn't look bad on a bagged Fury!!! Good luck bro!!! Can't wait to see it come along!!!
2011 "Betty White" #000004
Stay thirsty my friends...
5150fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:58 AM   #9 (permalink)

Andy sent me this pic, bags will fit FuryFury Bagger-imageuploadedbymotorcycle1352473123.738417.jpg

Bwils2393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:08 AM   #10 (permalink)

Which bags are those?

Ray fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement