Honda Fury Forums: banner

Reaper rear fender issue

3K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  StPeteAPB 
#1 ·
I just got my rear fender for my fury. I noticed that when installed it doesn't wanna line up completely as it is hitting the peg mounts. It seems also that if I fold up the passenger pegs that they will be rubbing on the fender. Anyone have this issue

#5 ·
No frim what I remember they said they would trim the fender if u wanted to use passenger pegs. Watch the video about fender

Sinister1

#7 ·
That sucks. is it painted yet?

Sinister1

#12 ·
Mark the fender for the cuttout with a black sharpie and I can take care of it when it gets here. Joker Fury is sold and should be picked up next week so I won't have one here to fit.

#13 ·
I had the same problem the fender was not cut enough L&M said I could ship it back and they could cut it but it was already painted and installed when I figured it out. Right side is fine but on the left side I can't put the peg in the up position Boop sent me a spare bracket which I extended and sent to the chromer with some other items. There is only a 1/4" diff. so the way the fender is shaped you'll never notice I just couldn't come to taking the whole thing apart again shipping it to L&M and hoping the didn't mess up the paint. On the positive side L&M did say if I shipped it to them and they messed up the paint the would repaint at their expense.I think if I was to repaint the fender I would have it cut on both sides just above the tubing.

#15 ·
I had exactly the same experience as GF Fury. Right side was fine but on the left side I couldn't put the peg in the up position. I already had Painter do the paint, so, I took an Xacto saw I use in my modeling and just cut enough away to be able to get the peg up. I suspect it is a manufacturing defect.

#16 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.