Low and mean lowering spring - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 08:54 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Low and mean lowering spring

I wanted feed back on the lowering spring. Is it really worth it for the look and ride? I have spent some big money and have free up some so I was looking to get the spring or FI2002. Give me some options what to get, so far I have purchased the following;

1: road burner street pro exhaust
2. avon spike grips
3. Avon spike pegs
4. Side mount license plate
5. Swing arm bag
6. Sharp mirrors
7. Evo tail light

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
deltasigssu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 09:30 AM   #2 (permalink)

Looking at the mods you have completed, it looks like you have not done anything to your AIR Intake. That being said, I am not sure what the Fuel Controller is really gonna do for you at this point. It wont hurt though.

I recently bought the L&M Lowering spring for my bike. I have not noticed a huge difference in the ride itself, but the bike looks alot better when it is parked. It looks 1000% better when I sit on it.

I was going back and forth choosing between the Platinum Air ride and the Lowering Spring. I went with the spring to save some money. I think was a great bang for the buck at $200 or so. I do not remember the exact amount.

If you plan to do something to your AIR intake, then I would go with the Fuel Controller so you will be ready when that time comes. I do not think it will hurt anything, I am just not sure how much it will help right now, but at least you will be well positioned when you pull that trigger.

I don' think you will go wrong either way.

I am not sure if the FI2002 is the auto pro version. If so, another option would be to get the manual version AND do something to your AIR Intake and probably come out about the same cost wise.

I am sure there may be mixed opinions about that, but it would get both the Fuel Controller and the AIR Intake taken care of at the same time.

Vic
Victrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:36 AM   #3 (permalink)

Yeah lost I want the next $180 to make a huge impact so if the spring will do that then great but I want to do a air intake but looks like it would be next years purchase. If the fuel controller will add some power gains I might lean that way. Also did you install the spring yourself? Any issues with installing it?

Old 01-16-2013, 10:21 AM   #4 (permalink)

1300VTWIN did the installation. He is very good at that stuff.

My bike would be stock without him. He is my brother in law, lives 2 doors down and is married to my wife's sister. So he has no choice but to help! Haha.

I am rated as a Master Flunky and Flashlight holder. Also, I am Director of Pizza purchasing.

The installation was super easy, all things considered.

BUT, he has a press and all the right tools. So I know that makes a huge difference. It probably took a half hour to an hour.

The biggest thing is compressing the spring to remove etc...

I think you will like it once done and be happy. I know I am.

Vic
Old 01-16-2013, 10:29 AM   #5 (permalink)

I am lost on what to do spent $180 on that or $180 on FI200R or $180 on multiple items

Old 01-16-2013, 10:34 AM   #6 (permalink)

I'd go with the spring. Installation is not hard. The hardest part is finding a compressor. My buddy and I did it the "Cajun way" which means we used a floor jack and the tow hooks of a truck as a compressor. This is not he safest method, but we took things slow and all was well.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Old 01-16-2013, 10:43 AM   #7 (permalink)

The lowering spring lowers the bike's center of gravity where it ought to have been from the factory. I think it made a HUGE handling difference for me.
... I now have a bad-ass 2013 Stateline.
StPeteAPB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:53 AM   #8 (permalink)

Hey Vic, I sold him my shock assembly to help him out. My confidence in the Platinum Air kit has grown after several rides. I'm still looking forward to meeting up one weekend when this rain quits.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Old 01-16-2013, 12:37 PM   #9 (permalink)

Like my twin said the spring isnt bad. just be careful when compressing it if you use a truck and floor jack.
Nite Fury is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:45 PM   #10 (permalink)

I vote go with the Spring!

I may not have noticed the handling change so much because I was riding around with 4" slugs on the front end... I was already jacked up a bit.

But when we put that spring in, it lowered the back and created an even nicer chopper effect.

NightFury: Soon as it quits raining and the sun comes out, we should hook up at Satterfileds in New roads or something. I will bring 13Vtwin and a few others.

I also have a buddy in your neck of the woods that would ride with you when we meet up. He HAD a fury, was on the forum for awhile, but he moved to a Harley because he is taking long trips now. But I still let him ride with us... haha.

Vic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement