Front fender lowered - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2010, 10:36 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Front fender lowered

After doing Tony's rear fender mod , was so excited about the looks I could not stop there . Lowered front fender 1" still working on final touches today . The last pic shows the hieght now , was even with the top of the seals .
Attached Thumbnails
Front fender lowered-004.jpg   Front fender lowered-003.jpg   Front fender lowered-005.jpg  

Last edited by BluFury; 05-16-2010 at 11:01 AM.
BluFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2010, 11:06 AM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to NMUCat Send a message via MSN to NMUCat

That looks great. How did you decide where to put the new holes? Are you going to cut off the old mounting holes?
NMUCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 11:11 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMUCat View Post
That looks great. How did you decide where to put the new holes? Are you going to cut off the old mounting holes?
Yea unless I put L.E.D. lights there . I removed the metal frame also , had to go . No problems . This is as low as I could get it .
Attached Thumbnails
Front fender lowered-002.jpg   Front fender lowered-001.jpg  

Last edited by BluFury; 05-16-2010 at 11:14 AM.
BluFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 02:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFury View Post
After doing Tony's rear fender mod , was so excited about the looks I could not stop there . Lowered front fender 1" still working on final touches today . The last pic shows the height now , was even with the top of the seals .
Hay Blu Fury: I was working on same thing in my mind. I was going to cut angled bushings out of hard rubber or soft alum bar to close small angled gap between mounting points so there would not be any stress at that point and paint silver. Also was going to reinforce back of fender mounting area and sides inside with thin sheet metal epoxied tight for a little rigidity. Was going to cut curve back slightly and eliminate old holes. Was going to eliminate frame also, slightly less than 3/16" clearance. What is your clearance, front, back, and middle of tire. Cut front like L&M. I think it is going to look very, very good. Can't wait to see finished pics!

Sorry phrases not in right order, just woke up!

Last edited by mental; 05-16-2010 at 02:22 PM.
mental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 02:51 PM   #5 (permalink)

That looks good
3960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 03:08 PM   #6 (permalink)

lookin good
Snuffdog76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:12 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Yea unless I put L.E.D. lights there . I removed the metal frame also , had to go . No problems . This is as low as I could get it .
Finished mounting this morning , pic's
Attached Thumbnails
Front fender lowered-002.jpg   Front fender lowered-006.jpg   Front fender lowered-004.jpg   Front fender lowered-003.jpg   Front fender lowered-001.jpg  

Old 05-17-2010, 02:24 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Finished mounting this morning , pic's
That looks awesome but I have (a possibly stupid) question. When tires get hot does the rubber expand and if so would this make the tire rub against the fender??

Rtrombone68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:50 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtrombone68 View Post
That looks awesome but I have (a possibly stupid) question. When tires get hot does the rubber expand and if so would this make the tire rub against the fender??
Good question . The closest point to the tire is half inch . I beleive thats plenty of clearance . Before I snug the four bolts down can pivot quarter inch , so can actually bring front to only quarter inch clearance but that might be to close .
Old 05-17-2010, 04:50 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtrombone68 View Post
I have never seen anything showing a tire grow from heat.

However tires do grow from speed. The faster a tire spins, the narrower and taller it becomes from centrifugal force. You should be able to go to the tire manufacturer’s web site & get expected tire growth for your specific tire. I have seen 21” tires grow as much as 3/8” at speed. But, every brand, size, & style is different.
Accutronix Billet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement