Honda Fury Forums: banner

Chrome Rims

6K views 38 replies 14 participants last post by  macxpert 
#1 ·
i am thinking about putting on some chrome rims, but being new to the Fury, I am having trouble figuring out where to look and what I need in addition to the rims. I have looked a little on line but am more confused than ever. Can anyone steer me in the right direction? Thanks for the help. It's a 2013 Fury.

#2 ·
#3 ·
Same problem for me in Japan. Think I will look to buy used stock rims in the States and have them chromed there then sent to Japan. The only other option I have is the crazy exspensive RC wheels they sell here but aren't DOT approved so I would still need my stock ones to get licenced every 2 years.:(

Tigger

#6 ·
Night Fury is on the money. In the US you can get Honda wheels on exchange from Classic. Here in Australia I do exchange chrome ABS wheels for my countrymen after the problem I had with local platers screwing the job up. I don't want anyone else to go through the same bad and expensive experience.

#7 ·
#11 ·
OK where can I get a cheep set of used stock wheels for exchange?

Tigger

#13 ·
I may go that route, just can't have my Baby wheel-less for a couple weeks waiting on shipping each way. And I could keep my rubber then too, only need the front as I plan on putting a 240 on the stock back rim if I get chrome.

Tigger

#15 · (Edited)
That's why I agreed I would go that route. The places I saw before wanted my rims first, so when I saw this one, that I can buy and refund later, I won't have down time.:D

Just have to save up the grand it will cost with the 2 way shipping.

Tigger

#17 ·
Contacted that place and they said the same thing. since I am outside the States that I would have to send them my wheels first....:(

Tigger

#21 ·
Well if I could just ask our American brothers and sisters to keep an eye out for a used set of rims, I would be very grateful.:D:D:D

Tigger

#22 ·
Well, I for once am at a loss for words. I don't know if he wants to be named, so I will just say an American brother has offered to put his rims up for my core deposit and let me ship him my rims after I get the chromed ones. I can not express in a post how utterly blown away I am. This forum, this community, The Nation, has shown me that real people still exist and are a bunch of "Bad A$$ bikers" with more heart than the "normies" (cagers) out there. I'm just not eloquent enough to express in words how I'm feeling. I'll just leave it with, thank you very much. And I WILL be sure to pass it on.

Grateful, Tigger

#25 ·
Tigger,
Just a thought, didn't you say something about DOT markings on the wheels for local inspections? In Japan are any of the DOT markings visible? Reason I mention it is that in the chrome process all the casting marks are ground off during polishing. The only thing left is the centre rim where the balance weights attach, some guys even pay more and have that ground off as well.

#29 ·
I need some feedback from
Others who have had their rims chromed. I just got mine back and notice the chrome is already flaking along the inside ridge just before the spokes. Anyone else have issues like this? I expected a smooth chrome edge and it looks like it's coming off already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#39 ·
I haven't been on the threads a few days to a week or something, but then i see this on my screen when i click on NEW POSTS:

and know all is right with the world. A thread with "Chrome" in the title, and the noted recent poster: @macxpert ..... :p
Even the Brexit, falling stocks and falling dollar can not dampen my chrome fixation. LOL :wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.