Digital speedo wiring details - Page 2 - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2011, 07:44 PM   #11 (permalink)

Did it work?
xxxxDallasFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2011, 06:17 AM   #12 (permalink)

Hey, good work Dave, I can see a lot of these digital speedos being used in the future as manufactures start popping out Fury handle bars. The original speedo reminds me of a 1960's ford speedo, just my opinion.

Anyway I have been a bit slack lately and just riding instead of sorting out these lights.

I am running a WIREPLUS speedo and found out the hard way that the fuel light doesn't work when simply connected, it actually stays on permanent.

I rewired this LED (engine service light) to the Temperature sensor, it now remains off while the engine is cold and comes on when the engine is at operating temperature, grrrrrrrr. Never simple is it. But maybe just a series resistor may fix this or as Dave found in other posts we may need to use a load resistor and place the LED across it.

SO DAVE have you measured the resistance of the FUEL SENSOR in the Full and empty positions yet. Could you post the values when you do as I will then be able to come up with a fix for the WIREPLUS (i just never seem to get time to pull it down at the moment), my guess is though it will be the same as for your DAKOTA.

At least when this is all sorted it will be available for everyone to use.
Cheers
Guy
Old 07-03-2011, 05:08 PM   #13 (permalink)

I am just curious how many people have replaced their speedo. What direct replacement options are out there? Are there any aftermarket handlebars and speedos that specifically fit the Fury. I have seen the gorilla bars that were done already and they look great, but they are not my style. I am looking for something more similar to the stock.
TX Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:06 AM   #14 (permalink)

Nope, I've pretty much resolved to live with the light on until next winter. I have too much time organizing my July 17 poker run, the trip to Indy, work, and vacations to have the bike down for experimenting.

On the bright side I did get some time on my sissy bar and think I have a plan to get it finished quicker... hopefully I can make some good progress tomorrow when it's not raining. I may not have it back from the chromer in time for Indy but that can come later if need be.
Reaper theme paint by Painter, Sweeping Beater Apes by BR Custom, DNA/Ridewright Fat-spoke wheels, Dakota Digital speedo, Cobra Swept exhaust, Thunder MFG adapter, D2Moto Chrome Spike, C&C solo Tribal Flame seat, 8 deg trees & 3" extensions, Kury Chrome Engine Covers, Accutronix side plate mount, Irate grill, Demons Cycle LED mirrors, Chrome Glow LED rear signal, Cobra Fi2000, Barnett Platinum cables, Billet Spike grips/pegs...
djconroy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:28 AM   #15 (permalink)

No problems Dave, you sound as busy as everyone else.

I will try and get the sender resistance readings over the next two weeks and build a resistance bridge to drive the LED in the speedo. I would really like it to work properly.

Cheers all, back in a couple of weeks with some values.

Guy
Old 01-17-2012, 11:26 PM   #16 (permalink)

This thread is the reason I come on this Forum. Great job guys......
It is very helpful.
Thanks
T-Mod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:30 AM   #17 (permalink)

I'm also very interested in this thread. The stock bars force me to lean forward when I'd rather be sittin' back in the saddle!
Cobra pipes, Fi2000R, Corbin king/queen seat, MFR forwards, L&M 8* trees, L&M lowering kit, L&M Spike Adapter, spike air cleaner, Accutronix license plate mount, Raw Designs Stealth / Blades, Scootworks 3" risers, OEM chin scoop, Stebel air horn.
JglNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:51 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djconroy View Post
Nope, I've pretty much resolved to live with the light on until next winter. I have too much time organizing my July 17 poker run, the trip to Indy, work, and vacations to have the bike down for experimenting.

On the bright side I did get some time on my sissy bar and think I have a plan to get it finished quicker... hopefully I can make some good progress tomorrow when it's not raining. I may not have it back from the chromer in time for Indy but that can come later if need be.
Have you ever resolved problem with the fuel reserve light?
EvoMotors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:07 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoMotors View Post
Have you ever resolved problem with the fuel reserve light?
Haven't torn it apart yet... i watch my mileage so it doesn't really bother me. It would be nice to resolve, though, and there was someone else who installed one who said he had no problem with the fuel light... can't recall who it was, though.
Reaper theme paint by Painter, Sweeping Beater Apes by BR Custom, DNA/Ridewright Fat-spoke wheels, Dakota Digital speedo, Cobra Swept exhaust, Thunder MFG adapter, D2Moto Chrome Spike, C&C solo Tribal Flame seat, 8 deg trees & 3" extensions, Kury Chrome Engine Covers, Accutronix side plate mount, Irate grill, Demons Cycle LED mirrors, Chrome Glow LED rear signal, Cobra Fi2000, Barnett Platinum cables, Billet Spike grips/pegs...
djconroy is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement