Honda Fury Forums: banner

Internally wired stock handle bars

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  aj8650 
#1 · (Edited)
I recently internally wired my handle bars. I saw a fury that didnt have a speedometer and it looked so sweet. I think the black speedos blend well with the bike, but the chrome ones just seemed to be so bulky at certain angles. I felt it really took away from the bike.

So I took it upon myself to have the bars internally wired and also had them re-chromed. It really wasn't too much work, but one thing i do suggest if anybody wants to do this is to extend the clutch side wires 6 inches, and also put wire casing on before you sodder the connections.

NOTE: I have the 8* triple trees from VTXtreme and I also have the cannella riser (regular, not the 8* triple tree version) I did this so the bars would sit lower. They don't hit, and I can access my gas tank just fine.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
O another thing I should mention, I did shave down the bunny ears that hold the speedometer, and I cut off the speedometer support bracket.
I took the speedometer wire harness out of the headlight and tucked it neatly under the gas tank.
Now there are a lot less wires coming from the back of the headlight and it really cleaned up well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.