Risers or new handlebars? Need help/opinions please! - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

Risers or new handlebars? Need help/opinions please!

Hey all, I need some help with trying to decide between going with risers for the stock handlebars or going with maybe mini apes. I've done a ton of searching with Google and through the forum about the cannella risers but haven't rally seen a ton of pics with people on the bike before and after. Not sure I really want to mess with the wiring and cables but it's not out of the question either. I'm not a big guy at about 5'9" so I don't have a huge reach. Just mainly want to bring my arms up a bit. Definitely don't want regular apes as they would be too high for me, not to mention I don't really like that look on the fury. Any and all recommendations/opinions would be awesome. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 10:39 PM

Sounds like you just need some simple risers. Just for example, here is a page from vtxtreme: 8 degree raked triple tree for Honda Fury

velociraptor intake; Cannella black riser; dyno tuned; black & white spikes
Cobra 3" slips (baffles in); Memphis Shades pop top sportshield; iso-driver boards
Fi2000R, ~120 mls LED lights; C&C SportTour seat; Rebel Bandit ReFlash Hog
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 10:42 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billh1432 View Post
Hey all, I need some help with trying to decide between going with risers for the stock handlebars or going with maybe mini apes. I've done a ton of searching with Google and through the forum about the cannella risers but haven't rally seen a ton of pics with people on the bike before and after. Not sure I really want to mess with the wiring and cables but it's not out of the question either. I'm not a big guy at about 5'9" so I don't have a huge reach. Just mainly want to bring my arms up a bit. Definitely don't want regular apes as they would be too high for me, not to mention I don't really like that look on the fury. Any and all recommendations/opinions would be awesome. Thanks
With the riser you don't mess with the wires. I went the riser route myself. I had plenty of reach for the old ones, just tended to wear me out quicker when riding. It's much better now. I didn't take many 'before' shots with just this in mind, but I can take some of after if you want. I don't like how apes look so that wasn't an option for me.

Edit: This might be more appropriate for risers => http://www.meancycles.com/store/part...?partID=218193
huskamute1 likes this.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin
The best government is a benevolent tyranny tempered by an occasional assassination. - Voltaire

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordinary Biker View Post
Quote:
With the riser you don't mess with the wires. I went the riser route myself. I had plenty of reach for the old ones, just tended to wear me out quicker when riding. It's much better now. I didn't take many 'before' shots with just this in mind, but I can take some of after if you want. I don't like how apes look so that wasn't an option for me.

Edit: This might be more appropriate for risers => http://www.meancycles.com/store/part...?partID=218193
Some after pics would be appreciated. How much of a difference do you think there was after the install? I've read they (cannellas) bring back about an inch and raise it about 2? Btw I have stock triple trees.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 11:17 PM

Garage
Quote:
Some after pics would be appreciated. How much of a difference do you think there was after the install? I've read they (cannellas) bring back about an inch and raise it about 2? Btw I have stock triple trees.
As long as we have decent weather at some point tomorrow, I will get you pictures. That seems about right to me for how much they moved.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin
The best government is a benevolent tyranny tempered by an occasional assassination. - Voltaire
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordinary Biker View Post
Quote:
As long as we have decent weather at some point tomorrow, I will get you pictures. That seems about right to me for how much they moved.
Sweet, thanks man
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 12:44 AM

VTX-Treme
Save a couple bucks

Ride it like you stole it!
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 09:19 AM

Put VTX Extream rizers on the bars and mount them to Cannells. That will bring them up and back.

Salty Hog was here.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 460brevill View Post
Put VTX Extream rizers on the bars and mount them to Cannells. That will bring them up and back.
Do you have both on yours? If you do any pics?
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 02:07 PM

I am with OB on this one cannela risers need no new cables , just moved one a little bit and are brilliant, I am 5.8 foot and used to get back ache before fitting them, now there is no over hunching the handlebars. this should be logged as one of the best mods you can do.

I remember the last words my dad ever said as he died, fuck me theres a bus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode