Honda Fury Forums: banner

Free 2½" Forwards, Factory Style

30K views 47 replies 19 participants last post by  Señor Gar 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
This is all you need for 2½" forward and ½" down with stock foot pegs ;)
Narrow custom pegs will stretch your legs the best part of 3".
Early Pictures
Shift toe peg is 1" closer and brake toe peg is 1¼" closer to foot peg.

Attachments

See less See more
#9 · (Edited)
A little history

I though about DIY forwards for the best part of a year (comes with age :rolleyes:).
I had four goals:

1. Retain the stock look.
  2. Avoid altering the hydraulics.
  3. Avoid leaving the master-cylinder exposed in front of the frame.
  4. Reduce the distance between the foot pegs and pedals for a more comfortable 'reach'.
In the beginning I was also having a tough time justifying almost a grand for a few inches :D. Later, after doing up to 400 mile days, I was finding incentive. Ironically, Troy at Accutronics offered me the opportunity to try his forwards to see how they would work on my ABS Fury. What with border customs, my design criteria and his higher foot peg height, I deferred to some lucky US resident.

If I recall, Fury_Guy was the first DIY and did a beautiful job (as usual). His effort was inspirational and got my synapses zapping more intensely. MFR's solution came later and has proved very effective, as well as versatile but wasn't the style I was looking for. Then came Jim (ikya) with the key to solve my puzzle. Funny, it was so obvious once I saw it, yet never ocured to me to place the foot peg hinge directly over the step bracket mounting bolt :rolleyes:. The rest is history :)

#11 · (Edited)
Wish I could Dave but it's a lot of work ;) and far from profiatble the way I plod along in my relaxed retirement.

Now somebody like Chris (Low & Mean) could probably make it work as I have invited him to do, gratis. The key to production is not to re-purpose the original pieces as I did but to plasma cut steel plate for the step bracket and weld on correctly sized box tubing for the hinge or, even simpler, bolt on aftermarket pegs. The brake leaver is a snap and could be done exchange.

Rolled outside between winter drizzles for left and right shots :D ...

Attachments

#14 ·
Step Bracket Templates

The brake side step bracket shows an angled cut on the rear edge parallel to my aftermarket exhaust header pipe. With stock exhaust it is parallel without cutting.
The shift side step bracket shows a cut made parallel to the relocated shift lever after riding and adjusting the shift lever to it's final and most comfortable position.

#17 ·
So you actually relocated the mount for the pegs from the X location to the new. Correct?
Correct :)
and the brake pedal was a cut in the red and bend and weld? just trying to visuaze all this since I like your mod the best. Thanks again Gar for thinking outside the box
Correct :)
More info here: "The rest is history :)"

Now 'Oldie', as a brother auto mechanic it would be an honor to assist in any way I can if you decide to go for it. PM your phone # if you like since I have 'dual nation wide' coverage ;).

#23 ·
Considering what ?
Doing this mod yourself or sending tickets to Señor Gar ? :confused: :) ;)

#24 ·
I just fished my factory forwards and I love them. I was wondering other people have paid to have there's chromed? I dropped mine off at the chromer yesterday. I will post pics of them when I get them back in about 2 weeks. I made new peg brackets so I have the option to change back to factory with purchase of new brake lever. SENOR GAR thank you for sharing this. These are the best mod I have done yet and biggest money saving mod

#36 ·
Hey Senor Gar.... I'm a newbie here.... I want to ride with my legs a little straighter than they are in the stock position. Just wondering if you would know how far forward the controls have to be for someone who is 6' ... Thanks for your time!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.