Honda Fury Forums: banner

Drag Bars

22K views 41 replies 19 participants last post by  T-Mod 
#1 ·

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Nice job... can't wait to see it finished!

#9 ·
Thats going to look sweet, great job!
Regards,
Dewking: dam plastic head covers

#11 ·
Thanks guys. I’m not able to sit on the bike to see how it feels just yet (it’s all apart) but it appears that it will work out just fine. I’m really impressed on how good it looks. It’s going to really change the appearance of the bike. I will post some pics when I’m done. But I’m still waiting for parts.

Here’s a pic of the Speedo and bracket I’m using.

#18 · (Edited)
Looking good! Did you weld the "extension" between the bars to the bars?
Make sure to remove all the chrome around the area that needs welded
Yes and No…… All the welding was done internally (no chrome was hurt during the creation of these bars).
Let’s just say it was a pain in the ass….. Connecting the bars together consists of pieces.
A solid stock round bar, an inner collar and an outer collar.
On second thought……… I don’t think I could explain this if I tried.
And I’m not really sheer if I did it the easiest way either. I think someone could come up with a better way than I did.
But end result…… It looks awesome. All the wires are Clean and hidden (Thanks Gar!!!!) And I did manage to sit on it today. It feels good……
Now I just need the tach to come in……

#22 ·
Hope this makes sense......

I used a MIG....

I cut groves in the solid stock for the wires and the welds.

Then I welded the inner collar to the solid stock via the groves.

Lastly I welded some beads on the top of the inner collar and pounded the outer collar over it.

Make sense????????

#26 ·
tony, they look sick, I love them. Your arches are going in the mail tomorrow. Looks like FedEx says 5 business days for you to receive. Don't know for sure on cost yet, but looks like approx. $20 or so, I will give you definites tomorrow once I ship them, probably will be cheaper than the quote they gave me today, but we will see. Keep up the good work on the bars, and if you get a spare minute, make me a set for FREE, LOL! Really look good tho.

#31 ·
The bars look great, T... And it looks like my grips!

#35 ·
What is the status on thins project. Do you have pictures from the sides? Did you have any problems connecting the speedo?
The bike is still apart and up in the air. The speedo install went fine. All the lights seem to work but I can’t test drive it yet. I will have the bike back together soon and I will post some pics......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.