Honda Fury Forums: banner

Sumo T-Mod

12K views 38 replies 16 participants last post by  Night Fury 
#1 · (Edited)
Pics to show how I did it :)

I liked how my original T-Mod looked on the bike so I wanted it to look the same when it was done.

1st = Trace out the moded side frame with cardboard.

2nd = Trace on to ¼” flat bar

3rd = Cut the flat bar

4th = Grind all welds flat

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Pics to show how I did it :)

7th = Remove arched brackets one at a time. Re-bend to fit and re-weld (x3) (I used Furious84 arches but it was not necessary.

8th = Cut both main beams out

9th = Re-install all parts.......

Attachments

#15 ·

How's the suspension travel with t-mod and wide tire, any rubbing issues?
The bike is not ready to ride yet but as far as I can see it won’t have any rubbing. But I now need to figure out something for the signals and brake lights. I came up with an idea today that I might try. If it works it’s going to be really awesome.

That looks great Tony, love the drag bars too! Now if you can just come up with a way to make the snow go away to see how rides ! !
The only way I know to make the snow disappear is........... Board an airplane......

#17 · (Edited)
Hey Tony, I was just setting here admiring your pic’s again when I thought of something. Are you going to have any trouble mounting the wheel with the fender installed? My bike has the ALS, so I have to leave the swing arm on the bike then maneuver the wheel & final drive into position. It would be very difficult for me to do that with my fender on.

I guess you can always pull your fender too, so maybe it's not that big of a deal.

#19 · (Edited)
it doesn't seem it could handle a passenger.
I don’t really understand.....What part of this mod are you concerned about in regards to a passenger?

I guess you can always pull your fender too, so maybe it's not that big of a deal.
It should work if I do it the same way as you. But thanks for the heads up.

#24 ·
Spell check........ What I meant to say was “concerned about”......

Anyways...... Now I get what you’re asking. But as “Bwils2393” pointed out. It’s very strong. In fact I would say it’s stronger than the factory setup.

#27 ·
How do I explain this? Hmmmmmm

I do still have the template...... But.....

I followed the shape of MY “T-Mod”. Others have chosen to sink the fender lower than I have. I would not follow the original shape of the frame as I do NOT like how the fender sits from factory. I would run the 1st “T-Mod” for a full season before I jumped into this mod. The First “T-Mod” is revisable. This one is very permanent. If I sent you the template it would be very hard to know where to position the strut. That’s why one of the last thinks to do on this mod is to cut off the inner OEM tail section.

#29 ·
LOL..... Thanks for the complement....... But I didn’t sense the sarcasm because it sounded like a reasonable request to me. In fact I kept the template thinking I could pass it onto others until I put a bit more thought into it.....

#33 ·
I should also point something out!

If this sounds scary to anyone DO NOT DO IT!

I don’t consider myself as a master fabricator by any means. But at the end of the day you are cutting up your motorcycle. This mod does require some skill and if done poorly could really screw up your bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.