Honda Fury Forums: banner

How did you remove that stupid beaver tail?

7K views 22 replies 17 participants last post by  donzi18 
#1 ·
I just traded in my 05 Sabre for a 2010 Fury and I have to say I love it! But one thing I am trying to find is how in the hell do you remove the beaver tail that Honda obviously thought would be funny and add it to a bad ass bike like the Fury. I want to get the side mount plate and use the OEM signals and tail light (minus the beaver tail!) until I can afford to go a different route. Glad I found this forum, I was on one for the Sabre and it proved to be very helpful with mods and repairs and I can already see that this forum will prove to be very helpful as well.

#3 ·
There are previous threads on this just have to do a search, but basically you pull the rear fender and cut off the metal tubes that are the brackets and then dremel off the plastic under the rear brake light until you are happy with it, I dremeled mine off and then used fine sandpaper until I was happy with it.

#6 ·
First you walkk into the woods and find a pond that has a bunch of branches piled in the center of it. (a beaver den)
then you proceed to set snares or traps (in trapping season of course)
leave and come back the next day to see if you have a beaver on the end of it.
Grab a long stick cause he will be pissed off that you caught him....................

oh shite wrong kind of beaver tail sorry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.