Run-turn-brake - Page 5 - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2012, 10:53 AM   #41 (permalink)

I'll look into it. Im thinking it doesn't really need any sensors, the bike will already have all the sensors and it will just need to read them, and send back new signals. Some kind of default table (stock bike), and a bypass if it goes bad (where the bike signals are what get sent), plus some kind of threshold (if the calculations are faulty).

I only mentioned because, I had to save money for a couple of months to come up with the $450 needed to byy the cobra efi. In theory it seems simple, read the signals, calculate a better mix, send back the signals. If it doesn't work, bypass and use what the bike sends. If it's working, bump the calculated mix against a table and if it's within a threshold, send it, if not, send the last good one if within x seconds, or send the defult, etc. The logic can be worked out.
Rodrigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2012, 10:58 PM   #42 (permalink)

Rod, I have a spare pcv if you would like to go that route.. imo its a much better option than the fi2000 which basically adds a bias to the fuel map signal.
I paid $165 for it.. found it on eBay. I'll sell it to you for the same if you'll cover shipping. Shoot me a pm, lmk.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App
black_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:02 PM   #43 (permalink)

Just an update.. I haven't abandoned the project, I'm coming up on a pretty stressful string of exams at work, so of course the hobby projects are on the back burner.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 11-11-2012, 06:56 AM   #44 (permalink)

Any new updates? I'm dying to get this!
Old 11-14-2012, 08:07 PM   #45 (permalink)

I'm a EE and you're blowing my mind. Awesome!

You get this figured out and you can count me in for one.
mackfed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:15 AM   #46 (permalink)

Been away for a while..

I'll have to find my research papers.. I've moved, had a woman move out, and changed jobs in the last six months.. so everything is kinda everywhere..

Bump for a little resurrection action!
Old 05-23-2013, 09:08 AM   #47 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Can you also get this to make me a cup of coffee and check the tire pressure? lol of course I'm kidding.

Glad to see you back around and tinkering with this in your spare time, sounds like you have been busy lately with all the changes.

Mods: Morton Inferno And STG 2 into 1 Exhaust,Painted Engine,PowderCoated Rims,Kury Skull Shift pegs,Foot Pegs,Passenger Pegs,Danny Gray Seat,Ginz Sissybar,STG Fork Covers,Freedom T-Mod, PowderCoated Rims,Irate Skull Grill, MFR +3 Forwards
X_KIOWA_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:44 AM   #48 (permalink)

I'm currently trying to finish a different project.. I'm building a centrifuge the size of a kitchen table.. I'm working on my fourth rotor design now.. I should be able to centrifuge 1.5gal at a time..

I know.. ridiculous.. but I started brewing my own sake.. tastes great, but it takes for EVER to settle via gravity.. hence centrifuge..

Anyway.. I still have my drawings and schematics that I had started a while back, so as soon as I get this thing working (hopefully without sending any beer can sized bullets through my neighbors brick wall.. across the street..) I'll shift gears back into electronics geek mode.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:04 PM   #49 (permalink)

Forget the electronics! how do we get ahold of some sake?
Old 07-09-2013, 12:20 PM   #50 (permalink)

Here's a great forum if you want to learn how to make it.
I really enjoy making, drinking, and giving it away to friends and family.

The Northern Brewer Homebrew Forum • View forum - Sake

Still working on the centrifuge.. over the weekend, I actually had a retired college physics professor tell me that what I was trying to build was impossible.. which only made me want to keep working on it and finish it. I LOVE IT when people say something can't be done. Welcome to progress, old timers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement