Run-turn-brake - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-08-2012, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

Run-turn-brake

I'm designing a circuit to do this.. so far its looking like it will cost less than $10 in materials.. just some time involved designing and building it. Once I'm done and it works, if any of you want one just let me know and I'll get one to you for materials and shipping. Here is the starting point, I have a few more ideas for it.. i know its not perfect yet.
More details to come.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1339207655203.jpg
Views:	467
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	13893  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-08-2012, 10:20 PM

Location: In the country between Wichita Falls and Iowa Park, Tx
oh my gosh.....Im lost........but i looks like something from captain Nemos submarine!
post #3 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-08-2012, 10:21 PM

What does this do?? And what is the reason to put a capacitor to the base of a transistor??

velociraptor intake (wire mesh left off); Cannella black riser; dyno tuned
Cobra 3" slips (baffles in); Memphis Shades pop top sportshield; iso-driver boards
Fi2000R, ~120 mls LED lights; C&C SportTour seat; Rebel Bandit ReFlash Hog
post #4 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

The base circuit I started with was an astable multivibrator. The capacitors are used to forward bias their respective transistors. The capacitance and resistance values will determine the on and off cycle times, thereby controlling the flash rate.

I'll be ordering parts from jameco electronics today.
post #5 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

OK had to make some significant changes to the circuit, but I'm going to get the parts ordered this afternoon. I'll add up the total cost once I get a working prototype

post #6 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-13-2012, 01:39 PM Thread Starter

Just finished the final drawing.. ballpark right now is ~$11 for electronic components.
The design tricks the stock turn signal flasher into thinking its still connected to incandescent bulbs. The brake and turn flashing rates are fully adjustable. I have added a daytime running bypass so that the lights never go fully out. The law requires them to stay on when you are in a 'braking mode'.. so this satisfies both functions.. even when the lights are flashing.
I said fully adjustable, meaning I can control on and off cycle times for brake.and turn signals.. once I have the flash rate I like, I am going to replace the adjustable resistors with static resistors and the flash rates will be set permanently.
If any of you would like the option to adjust the flash rates to your liking.. either I can do it since I have the adjustable resistors(and then install static resistors), or I can install adjustable resistors that will add a couple dollars more to the $11 mentioned above.
Right now the circuit is designed to control the rear turn signals only, but the current capacity of the circuit is fully capable of running led turn signals in the front also.. and can be modified to do so if you all want it.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1339609147496.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	13968  
post #7 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-13-2012, 04:00 PM

this sounds pretty sweet. I know Kury has one that is about $80 I think. If you can get this to be a simple install I'd buy one for sure.

Mods to date: Steel Braided cables, Swing wing front pegs, matching chin guard, cobra pipes "de-baffled," Black out motor, Shayne side mount with spikes, Led brake/turn sig, de-badge/reflectors. Matte #069, Oh yeah, giggity giggity!
post #8 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-13-2012, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

I'm looking for the stock turn and brake connectors so it will truly be plug and play.. I'll also add the components to operate the front turn signals. When I'm done, all you should have to do is swap your plugs. I need to find the front turn signal wires so I'll look at that tonight when i get off work.

On a separate note, for those of you reading the thread, would you like to adjust the flash rates yourself, or have me preset them for you?

post #9 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-13-2012, 05:33 PM Thread Starter

Oh and this also replaces the additional load equalizing module that kuryakyn also sells for like $40 separately.

post #10 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-17-2012, 09:26 AM Thread Starter

K.. got a copy of the service manual now.. going to have to scrap the last diagram and start fresh..
...to be continued.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode