Side stand powder coated - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2011, 12:21 AM   #1 (permalink)

Question Side stand exchange program

I am going to powder coat my side stand and was thinking of trying to do an exchange program for others that may want to have this done also. I have a family member that does powder coating and can prob get them done cheap. I really don't know what others are charging to have the stand powder coated, but I am willing to be a middle man and start an exchange program, all I need is 2 or 3 to start I guess. Thoughts from the group ?

Last edited by Troopjones; 03-01-2011 at 12:39 AM.
Troopjones is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2011, 01:07 AM   #2 (permalink)

yep.........
ohiofury69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:25 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiofury69 View Post
yep.........
Yep what ?
Old 03-01-2011, 01:57 AM   #4 (permalink)

Honestly I dont know how well powdercoat would hold up, it would get scuffed when its down and its a baked enamel which could cause it to peal. I think paint would be better unless you powdercoat then have a stainless "shoe" on the end to take up the scratches
DynoJet PowerCommander
RawStealth LED rear
Harley Davidson Run Brake Turn Module
Galfer S.S. Braided lines
DIY Almost Tucked Rear Plate w/hoglites LED light

Future Mods:
Mirrors, Forward Controls, DIY similar to RSS front LED turns, DIY Refoam/Gel seat, Chrome Rims, Paint, S.S. Clutch/Throttle cables, Lowering Rear, Cobra PowerFlo air intake, Grips
imwright1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 08:48 PM   #5 (permalink)

Troop powder coat over paint on a part like that any day. I powder coated mine and just about everything else on my bike . It sounds like a good idea but don't limit yourself to just the side stand . I have a powder coat system in my garage. I thought about this but I don't have the time for it . The bottom of the side stand will scratch up but it will never peel off . Paint would scratch just with your boot always kicking at it. Powder coat is baked on a sand blasted part at 400* it ain't peeling...
Billyh79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 08:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyh79 View Post
Troop powder coat over paint on a part like that any day. I powder coated mine and just about everything else on my bike . It sounds like a good idea but don't limit yourself to just the side stand . I have a powder coat system in my garage. I thought about this but I don't have the time for it . The bottom of the side stand will scratch up but it will never peel off . Paint would scratch just with your boot always kicking at it. Powder coat is baked on a sand blasted part at 400* it ain't peeling...
Thanks Billy, just trying to start small and not overwhelm myself or the guy that powder coats for me. I don't want to promise anyone anything and get behind and it turn sour.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:14 AM   #7 (permalink)

I hear ya Troop ... I will tell you what when I started powder coating my parts it started out where I was only going to do a couple of things but then I just got carried away and went nutz . One thing I had a problem with was figuring out how to do the front brake master cylinder site glass which is really plastic and has an o-ring behind it . What I did was had a plug made by a friend who spun it on a lathe and reused the o-ring and pressed into place . Worked our great .... You can also use a freeze plug same concept . I found someone interested in helping me out if I didn't go the rout of the plug and wanted to reuse my site glass instead and that happened to be Stump . So if you ever get started and end up doing yours or anyone elses front brake master cylinder those are three options for you.
Billyh79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:20 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyh79 View Post
I hear ya Troop ... I will tell you what when I started powder coating my parts it started out where I was only going to do a couple of things but then I just got carried away and went nutz . One thing I had a problem with was figuring out how to do the front brake master cylinder site glass which is really plastic and has an o-ring behind it . What I did was had a plug made by a friend who spun it on a lathe and reused the o-ring and pressed into place . Worked our great .... You can also use a freeze plug same concept . I found someone interested in helping me out if I didn't go the rout of the plug and wanted to reuse my site glass instead and that happened to be Stump . So if you ever get started and end up doing yours or anyone elses front brake master cylinder those are three options for you.
good info, thanks
Old 03-07-2011, 12:28 PM   #9 (permalink)

Im interested. Got a price?
Old 03-07-2011, 02:06 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.A.T.O. View Post
Im interested. Got a price?
lemme check and ill get back to you
Advertisement