Honda Fury Forums: banner

How can I mount this Spike?

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Señor Gar 
#1 ·
Hey - see pix, i wanted to mount Coop's spike i got from him onto my rear fender where the normal bolt goes, but I don't know how...lol...someone here should :D

Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Audēns_BlueJ;1270225 said:
Hey - see pix, i wanted to mount Coop's spike i got from him onto my rear fender where the normal bolt goes, but I don't know how...lol...someone here should :D

Thanks
Just cut an adapter on your lathe with the spike's thread on the outside and M6 on the inside.

Another way for a homebuilder could be to epoxy an M6 bolt (about 1 1/2 " long) into the center of the spike. Use a couple of large diameter 1/4" ID washer to center it tighten a nut onto it and fill it up with epoxy glue. Make absolutely sure you degrease all parts 3 times before using the epoxy. You may even bend the washers a bit for some extra "grip".

#5 ·
Another way for a homebuilder could be to epoxy an M6 bolt (about 1 1/2 " long) into the center of the spike. Use a couple of large diameter 1/4" ID washer to center it tighten a nut onto it and fill it up with epoxy glue. Make absolutely sure you degrease all parts 3 times before using the epoxy. You may even bend the washers a bit for some extra "grip".
When my words won't give you a picture, the attachments VVVVV will :wink:

Attachments

#6 ·
If you have the means, you could drill and tap the inside for an M6 then get some M6 allthread, cut it to length and locktite it in the spike.

Reactions: Jasonv123
#8 ·
You guys are hysterical with your lathes and drill taps. ... lol. I am on my phone and unable to enlarge those last pics Ed, I'll look later when on my LT
I think I have the idea of what you're saying though. Thanks for the visuals

#9 · (Edited)
If you go for Ed's idea I would set the lower 6 mm nut so that it protrudes just enough that your big fat spike sits off the fender and doesn't scratch your paint allowing a change of mind down the road.

Jo, the 6 mm nut should bear down on the original collar washer and not the fender which is designed to 'float' in between.
The washer looks like this ...

and it looks like you haven't been using yours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.