T-Mod variation - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2011, 11:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default T-Mod variation

Here is my T-Mod. (1st )I removed the helmet lock mount from the frame.

(2nd) Then wrapped the frame with tape where I decided to make my cut. I picked the spot closest to the main frame as I could. My thought was to try and eliminate some of the fender gap area under the seat that some people talk about and fender bulging. It worked.

(3rd) I only marked out a 3/16ths wedge Per: MFR. I then took a straght edge and a razor blade and cut my mark through the tape in to the frame Press hard. that way i would not loose my marks while cutting. (removed tape)

(4th) I used a cut off wheel and sawzall and was very careful to take out only 3/16ths this gave me a total of 1-7/8 drop. "take note that the hole is directly in the center of the weld (pic#6) will need re-drilled to re-install the damping rubber."

Conclusion and test ride: Bike looks Frickin Awesome! Took it out for a test ride and no rubbing with stock T-light, w/beaver removed. put the old lady on it, cranked up the spring tension/damping knob to 3/4 and test rode. Small pot holes, bumps and cracks did not make the bike rub. But a huge short dip at a intersection made the bike bottom out and rub lightly. I can live with that. I weigh 195lb and the woman is around 125lb. (update I adjusted the rebound and the pre-load on my shock a have had no rubbing in over 2500 miles)

(Pic#1= Before) (Pic#2=after T-Mod) (Pic#3 Side by side comparison)
(Pic#4&%=helmet lock tab) (Pic#6=Weld and cut location) (Pic#7=fender and frame under seat) Here are pics 6 & 7.
Attached Thumbnails
T-Mod variation-photo-2-.jpg   T-Mod variation-photo-3-.jpg   T-Mod variation-photo-4-.jpg   T-Mod variation-photo-5-.jpg   T-Mod variation-photo-6-.jpg  

Last edited by thenewaftermath; 10-14-2011 at 06:02 PM.
thenewaftermath is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2011, 11:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

Here are pics 6 & 7. and one extra i really like.
Attached Thumbnails
T-Mod variation-photo-7-.jpg   T-Mod variation-photo-8-.jpg   T-Mod variation-photo-13-.jpg   T-Mod variation-photo-39-.jpg  

Last edited by thenewaftermath; 02-13-2012 at 04:51 PM. Reason: New pic.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to MyFuryRide

looking good!
Sumo-X ALS, MuthaFockinRake, VTX-treme 10*Trees w/3" fork extentions w/ fat fork tubes, polished wheels, T-Mod, lowered f/fender, MFR exhaust, LED turn mirrors, ghost flames byPAINTER , RAW LED t-light, 3* raked frame
MyFuryRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:13 AM   #4 (permalink)

Mod looks good makes a world of difference in the apperance. Only one other thing REFLECTOR POLICE --REFLECTOR POLICE-- REFLECTOR POLICE
Old 07-07-2011, 12:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragboat View Post
Mod looks good makes a world of difference in the apperance. Only one other thing REFLECTOR POLICE --REFLECTOR POLICE-- REFLECTOR POLICE
I know. I pride the he'll out of the felt like I would pull the paint off. I have a plastic razor blade . I'll put some tape along the reflectors and try running the blade under it to cut the two sided tape. That's the technique I used before to remove emblems of of cars.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:19 PM   #6 (permalink)

Cool

Heat it up with a hair dryer then twist it off!
Old 07-21-2011, 05:53 PM   #7 (permalink)

Another trick, with using the hair dryer to heat it up, is to use either dental floss or fishing line and thread it behind the reflector to cut through the double stick tape.
aWomansFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:35 AM   #8 (permalink)

tag and bump
Odiefords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:39 PM   #9 (permalink)

^^^bump for the newbee's^^^^
Old 02-23-2013, 01:57 PM   #10 (permalink)

As for tmod issue.. I've done a part for my fury, instead of stock one. Thanks to this part, seat position does not change at all. Everything fits perfectly. Now there is no rubbing between the seat and fender.
Attached Thumbnails
T-Mod variation-p1090827.jpg   T-Mod variation-p1090834.jpg  
James9009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement