For what it's worth.... - Page 6 - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 12:16 PM   #51 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

There are plenty of people on here that can discuss any subject they want and not turn it into a name calling/slanderous thread. For those of you that might take offense or don’t think anyone should be talking politics/guns/religion/dog food or whatever, don’t click on the thread. How hard is that to understand? Let the people that can have an adult conversation do it. I think the likes of Mental and some of the others were totally out of line and should be dealt with. I am also surprised that Mental was not banned for his name calling, swearing outburst. With that said, I dissagree with suggesting that people shouldn’t discuss certain subjects (in the lounge) just because a few can’t bridal their tongue.
Mighty Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 12:28 PM   #52 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Dave Maher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Mouse View Post
There are plenty of people on here that can discuss any subject they want and not turn it into a name calling/slanderous thread. For those of you that might take offense or donít think anyone should be talking politics/guns/religion/dog food or whatever, donít click on the thread. How hard is that to understand? Let the people that can have an adult conversation do it. I think the likes of Mental and some of the others were totally out of line and should be dealt with. I am also surprised that Mental was not banned for his name calling, swearing outburst. With that said, I dissagree with suggesting that people shouldnít discuss certain subjects (in the lounge) just because a few canít bridal their tongue.
Very well said!
Old 11-17-2012, 04:47 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exredninjaguy View Post
Pablo and Alan, that is what I was trying to say, although less lucidly than you guys. I know I have participated and voiced my opinion in 3rd rail topics before, but I am certain I never demeaned or insulted anybody, like some are wont to do. If I ever have, shame on me.
Well, I don't know who they are referring to, but I stand behind all I've said and will address the individual posts.
woodenhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:52 PM   #54 (permalink)

Hey does anyone know how to get these reflectors off my bike ??
Old 11-17-2012, 04:53 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StPeteAPB View Post
I can give you one point of view, if you're interested ...

It's because this is a motorcycle forum built around the Honda Fury ... period. And, we've built this comaraderie between people on this forum when one person helps another with an issue about the Honda Fury. The bond is seemingly unbreakable because we ALL have the same goal in mind; ride and tweak the Fury.

But, then someone brings up a topic that has, at least, two differing opinions; religion, politics, whatever. And, those topics are divisive. And, then, someone says something in a very generalized way about one side or the other that alienates people on this Forum.

This Forum is meant to bring people together, not split them apart. There are many other places to take up conversations about anything other than the Honda Fury ... and, I know, there's also the "Lounge", where almost anything goes.

On that ... I've always taken it that the Lounge is for other topics than the Fury that are helpful that have nothing to do with the Fury. Helpful like, "I found a great place to buy coffee on-line" ... not, "Here's what you need to know about candidate A versus candidate B."

And, didn't the Moderators post something about the rules of the Forum just a few months ago that said, of all things, politics were not to be discussed on this site? (Don't start down the, "that's censorship" path, either)

Anyway, I'm starting to ramble. The point is, stick to things that help one another about the Fury and motorcycling. Take the gun rights, politics and religion topics to Facebook or elsewhere, in my honest opinion.
UMMMMMM, it's also for posts about announcing running for presidency, asking why people don't like Obama other than Obamacare, etc..etc...etc...do people think less of you or the site for those posts?

As for the mods posting up a rule that no politics are to be discussed, I never saw it and would dispute it..
Old 11-17-2012, 04:54 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troopjones View Post
Hey does anyone know how to get these reflectors off my bike ??
Get that crap out of the lounge!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-17-2012, 05:00 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
I know. I've probably done it. Politics and all of its associated 3rd-rail topics are hot buttons that create hot tempers.

The only heated things that were ever discussed about the Fury was when S&W was ripping people off ... and even THAT united this Forum.

Just sayin' ... when generalized, labeling comments are made, it can alienate people. When people call this a "Christian nation" all the while saying they love America (even though the American experiment is getting people from all backgrounds to come here to this great melting pot), it alienates some; I'm not a Christian, so is this not my nation?

When people call other who vote for Romney "rednecks" or the ones who voted for Obama "morons", it's alienating.

I think 3rd-rail topics ought be barred from this Forum:
Politics
Religion
Abortion
Gun Rights

Here are some examples of others:
Third rail of politics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is where you can join to talk about these topics if it's your desire:
ThirdRailForum - Index

And, I'll be honest ... if 3rd-rail topics keep coming up and if I feel alienated on a Forum where I think I have personally made my share in contributions of How-To guides and other researched answers, I'll just stop participating altogether. I won't announce, "I'm outta here" like others have, I'll just split and keep in touch with the people from this Forum with whom I've made friends and connected on Facebook.
LOL.....you probably have.

St. Pete, if people are alienated because someone discusses their religion or lack thereof, they can leave. I'm not gonna tippy toe around on this site trying not to offend everyone on here.....if you don't like it, don't read it.

Glad you didn't get the Presidency, already trying to take away liberties with nixing topics from being able to be discussed.....

We all have the freedom to stay or go.....no one is questioning your contributions or others. What's that got to do with the topic at hand?
Old 11-17-2012, 05:08 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QbanFury View Post
Respectfully!!!
Keep calling all Latinos have no "education" or don't know how to "vote" or we don't have any "money" or we are not "American" or we don't "die" for this country or all we do is "take" from the government or we don't know nothing about "politics" or we all "illegals"...keep thinking that way and your candidate will never occupy the White House again...

I try to be respectful and help everyone here and be part of the fury family, but this type of threads all it does is divide and offend...And I don't like it...
Where has it been said that all latinos have no education? I didn't see that. Haven't seen any posts where they don't know how to vote or have no money, etc, etc.... You know me, I even went to bat for you against S&T. My comment was regarding the illegal, impoverished little educated majority who have come to this country....again, illegally. There are many, many of them, you and I both know it. You assimilated legally to this country, did you not Qban? It's interesting that "my" candidate will not get in because of the Latino vote.....tell me I'm wrong Pablo in my assessment of the illegals coming in from Mexico. Sure, they are people looking for a better opportunity, no one doubts that.....but does that make them educated? Knowledgeable about what is involved in running a Country such as ours? It makes them illegal, until Obama grants them amnesty citizenship to grow his party. I don't know if you were referring to my comment or not, really doesn't matter because it is what is occurring.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:13 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm not pointing the finger at you, Greg, nor do I think is Pablo.

The point I'm making is, bring up a topic like this and it WILL definitely bring out the more extreme views and, thus, the labeling. I'm not going back to read this whole thread, but I'm sure someone commented that "it's the Liberal Lefties who want to take away everyone's guns."

I am socially Liberal and fiscally Conservative. I don't just say it, I live it. And, I'll put a handout to a person in need over a new part for my motorcycle, or ammo for my shotgun (trap & skeet shooter) any day of the week. And, I identify with the Left more than the Right because the Right adopts a lot of the views of the EXTREME RIGHT that completely alienate me ... I'm not Christian, I don't believe in Hell, and I don't know if there is or isn't God; I just live and let live, for the most part.

Back to the topic of this thread ... if you want unhindered gun rights, take a look at the Middle East and how it seems everyone runs around with an AK-47. Everyone owning a gun doesn't reduce violence - it just makes a fair fight for almost everyone, is all. I don't want to live anywhere where the people come out in the streets always carrying their guns with them - that doesn't make me feel any safer; especially with so many hot-tempered people. I don't own a pistol because I'm afraid of losing my cool and doing something stupid and irreversible.

Dirty Harry said it best, "A man's got to know his limitations." If we all could live by that, we wouldn't need to go down all these 3rd-rail paths.
OK, so we don't want to discuss gun control, but we are.....there is a huge difference between us and the middle east.....I own weapons for hunting, skeet and trap, and to defend my loved ones, my home, my friends and myself.....the founders understood what happened to a citizenry who had none and a government which did.......it is an equalizer of sorts......there are more people on the streets with weapons than you might know.....they aren't shooting you are they?
Old 11-17-2012, 07:17 PM   #60 (permalink)
jw

Woodenhorse what happen to Steveo ?
jw is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement