For what it's worth.... - Page 9 - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 12:12 PM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
I agree with you that we should be able to discuss any topic without people getting offended, and if they get offended, don't click on the thread like you said.

As far as Mental's comments, or anyone esle's, whether they're appropriate or not, we shouldn't be so quick to be offended by those either. If we do get offended, then we need to quickly turn around and let it slide like water off a duck's back.

People can only offend you if you give power to their words and in doing so, you give those people control over you. Yes we all find times when something comes at us that we don't like, but it's up to you how you react to that person and their words.

We have a saying around here: "Get Your Joe On!" Basically, that means to not let other people and what they say get to you. Disarm your enemy by not giving power to his words. Just let it go and be happy.
Good point Steveo...........but, some people just can't handle it......
woodenhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 12:13 PM   #82 (permalink)

Nicely put Steveo
Exredninjaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:41 PM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodenhorse View Post
Good point Steveo...........but, some people just can't handle it......
Well then, to hell with those fuckwads. LOL

I mean, come on.... Do I take the future of this country seriously? Hell yes, but if someone disagrees with me about who should run the U.S. and how they should run it, to the point that they're cussing and yelling at me, I just have to stand back and laugh.

Yes, I care. That's why I voted, (even though I don't believe my vote counts). However, there's only so little I can do about it. I have no money; I have no power. So, yeah, I get pissed about what's happening in my country, but there's no reason to take it so seriously that I make myself unhappy.

Us smart people know who we are. LOL
Old 11-19-2012, 03:32 PM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash View Post
Church of latter day dude....hahahaha
I'm an ordained member as well. You may refer to me as Pope John from now on.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:29 PM   #85 (permalink)

Smacking the Bishop no doubt lol
Exredninjaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:54 AM   #86 (permalink)

I generally do not get involved in these types of threads, but, well.....there are many "constitutional rights" I hold dear, one of them being my 2nd Ammendment Rights. I am an avid gun collector and a current concealed carry card holder. Yes I "most" of the time have a gun of some sort with me at all times, providing it is allowed at the destination I am going. I have never been in a "gun related crime" but I have pulled a pistol on a "would be" burglar attempting to break into my house. I simply held him there at gunpoint until the authorities arrived. I love to hunt (put food on the table) deer, duck, swine, turkey, etc. I also love to sport shoot and often participate in shooting competitions.

Back to the point, if somehow, someway civilians owning firearms becomes "illegal" do you think that would stop anyone from having them. Just like the "War on Drugs" that started by Nixon in 71, has that stopped the Drug trade in the US? No it hasn't, not to mention the billions and billions of tax payer dollars dumped into this program. So instead of wanting to focus on what is already "broken" in our Country, people, and when I say people I use it loosely, want to dump billions and billions of our taxpayer dollars just to "break" something else.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

I will keep my guns, and with that I Bid You Adieu

Black Cobra Swepts - No Baffles FTW
Black "Razor Back" Mirrors
Custom Pinstriping
Mike V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:20 AM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike V. View Post
I generally do not get involved in these types of threads, but, well.....there are many "constitutional rights" I hold dear, one of them being my 2nd Ammendment Rights. I am an avid gun collector and a current concealed carry card holder. Yes I "most" of the time have a gun of some sort with me at all times, providing it is allowed at the destination I am going. I have never been in a "gun related crime" but I have pulled a pistol on a "would be" burglar attempting to break into my house. I simply held him there at gunpoint until the authorities arrived. I love to hunt (put food on the table) deer, duck, swine, turkey, etc. I also love to sport shoot and often participate in shooting competitions.

Back to the point, if somehow, someway civilians owning firearms becomes "illegal" do you think that would stop anyone from having them. Just like the "War on Drugs" that started by Nixon in 71, has that stopped the Drug trade in the US? No it hasn't, not to mention the billions and billions of tax payer dollars dumped into this program. So instead of wanting to focus on what is already "broken" in our Country, people, and when I say people I use it loosely, want to dump billions and billions of our taxpayer dollars just to "break" something else.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

I will keep my guns, and with that I Bid You Adieu
I really don't believe that the government will try to take the guns away, and even if they do, all that will happen is they will turn law abiding citizens into criminals. Some people may willingly hand over their firearms, but very many others will not.

It won't be just the criminals illegally owning guns, it will also be honest, previously law abiding people who will be forced, by the government, to illegally obtain and possess guns.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:24 AM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exredninjaguy View Post
Smacking the Bishop no doubt lol
LOL!!
Old 11-20-2012, 11:45 AM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
I really don't believe that the government will try to take the guns away, and even if they do, all that will happen is they will turn law abiding citizens into criminals. Some people may willingly hand over their firearms, but very many others will not.

It won't be just the criminals illegally owning guns, it will also be honest, previously law abiding people who will be forced, by the government, to illegally obtain and possess guns.
My future son in law got called into police station in town he lives in. Seems a crime was committed with a 9mm glock. So what did the locals do? Got the registry information for all who owned a 9mm glock within a certain area and required them to come into the police station to show that they actually still had the glock in their possession. All of his firearms are purchased from dealers, etc....hence, on registry. Now why would they do that? Hmmmmmm....not sure. Don't know the circumstances.......but the point is, you are on a list somewhere, even if you lost it in a boating accident.............Needless to say, he wasn't happy about it.
woodenhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:52 AM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodenhorse View Post
My future son in law got called into police station in town he lives in. Seems a crime was committed with a 9mm glock. So what did the locals do? Got the registry information for all who owned a 9mm glock within a certain area and required them to come into the police station to show that they actually still had the glock in their possession. All of his firearms are purchased from dealers, etc....hence, on registry. Now why would they do that? Hmmmmmm....not sure. Don't know the circumstances.......but the point is, you are on a list somewhere, even if you lost it in a boating accident.............Needless to say, he wasn't happy about it.
Oh, I know when you legally purchase a firearm from a dealer, they know how to track you down.

What good does that do them if I no longer own the weapon(s) since they all got burned up in the fire? They can come in my home and look in all the rooms, and even look outside in the woods, and dig up my yard, but when they find no guns, then what?
Advertisement