Sturgis 2013 planning - Page 2 - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2012, 12:50 AM   #11 (permalink)

We've been looking at making the trip as well. Especially now that we have the toy hauler. I've checked a few campgrounds/ RV parks and have been shocked at the prices! Yikes! I'll have to do some more looking and see if I can't find something a little more affordable. Open to suggestions as well especially from those that have gone before. Sounds like there could be quite a few members going!

2011 Pearl White #904 "Jack" Eggs Airbrushing, Bikemaster mirrors, MFR Cobra pipes, Webslinger speedo, Accutronix sidemount plate, L&M 1" extenders, Cannella risers, & more to come I don't wear bling...I ride it!
Slob Hog
aWomansFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 08:00 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aWomansFury View Post
We've been looking at making the trip as well. Especially now that we have the toy hauler. I've checked a few campgrounds/ RV parks and have been shocked at the prices! Yikes! I'll have to do some more looking and see if I can't find something a little more affordable. Open to suggestions as well especially from those that have gone before. Sounds like there could be quite a few members going!
Pablo (QbanFury), our friend John and I stayed at KOA Mt Rushmore in Hill City:
Mount Rushmore KOA | Camping in South Dakota | KOA Campgrounds

Pros:
Inexpensive
Quiet
Close to Mt Rushmore, Custer, Crazy Horse Mtn, Hill City, and Keystone.
Only a little over an hour's ride (back roads) to Dead Wood/Sturgis
BEAUTIFUL riding to/from Sturgis, let alone all the other places we went.

Cons:
Drought caused fire restrictions - no camp fires
Can't partake in Sturgis night life if you don't want to ride in the pitch black w/ risk of hitting deer or big-horn sheep
Devil's Tower from KOA Mt Rushmore is a full day's trip

I'll let others chime in, but I'd do it again. And, I'd pay the extra money this time to stay close to Sturgis to witness the craziness
... I now have a bad-ass 2013 Stateline.
StPeteAPB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:35 PM   #13 (permalink)

Just booked a cabin, at Suzie's Camp. I think the location should be perfect, it's right off I-90, 2 miles south of Sturgis. Seems like a party place by day and quiet at night, just my style. I need my beauty sleep.

Shamefully, I'll be picking up a cargo trailer. Just a V-nose 5x8 with a 6' roof which will fit the bike and some tools/fuel/emergency gear. I was going to rough it until my OL decided she wanted to come and was going to drive. We'll probably wind up sharing driving duty, and I'll ride as much as possible but will relieve her behind the wheel part of the time. It also provides a little shelter for the bike if they call for hail storms. At least it's a nice trailer, an ATC all-aluminum job in black with diamond plate trim.

We'll be rolling in on Saturday, August 3 and leaving Friday August 9.

DaBus stops there, so we'll pick up passes so we can partake of the late-night adult activities without riding. Going to pick up tickets for ZZ Top and Toby Keith at the Chip, and definitely plan on seeing Jackyl at the Throttle on Thursday night.

If anyone wants to meet up along the way, we'll probably be overnight around Toledo, OH on August 1, then hit Albert Lea, MN on August 2.
Reaper theme paint by Painter, Sweeping Beater Apes by BR Custom, DNA/Ridewright Fat-spoke wheels, Dakota Digital speedo, Cobra Swept exhaust, Thunder MFG adapter, D2Moto Chrome Spike, C&C solo Tribal Flame seat, 8 deg trees & 3" extensions, Kury Chrome Engine Covers, Accutronix side plate mount, Irate grill, Demons Cycle LED mirrors, Chrome Glow LED rear signal, Cobra Fi2000, Barnett Platinum cables, Billet Spike grips/pegs...
djconroy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:17 PM   #14 (permalink)

Default Re: Sturgis 2013 planning

I went in 2000 & 2002 with my pops we stayed at the Chip. That is the only place in my opinion.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Rolling Chef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:30 PM   #15 (permalink)

Dj. I want to go. Have to see funds etc as we get closer but it's on my short list.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:02 AM   #16 (permalink)

For anyone NOT able to go to Sturgis this year, I just wanted to let you all know that 2015 is the 75th Anniversary of the Sturgis Bike Rally.

I think there will be a lot of special events and products because it's such a landmark anniversary.

So, again, if you can't go this year - start saving and planning for 2015.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled discussion of Sturgis 2013 ...
StPeteAPB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:23 AM   #17 (permalink)
TAZ
Lifetime Member

Thumbs up Combat Vets Motorcycle Assn. Deadwood, SD Convention

Taz will be in Deadwood in June for this get-2-gether. Staying in a Mineral Palace hotel, 10 - 15 June. Below are some numbers in Deadwood. Wild Bill Days there.... Would like to meet and greet Forum Family there. Ride Safe!!!

"First Gold" hotel in Deadwood - 800-274-1876.

"Holiday Inn Express" in Sturgis - 877-793-7979.

"Hampton Inn" in Deadwood - 605-578-2323.

"Holiday Inn Express" in Deadwood - 605-578-3330.

"Cadillac Jacks" in Deadwood - 605-578-1500.

"Mineral Palace" in Deadwood - 800-847-2522.

"Palace Express" in Lead, SD - 605-584-2000.

This is also the weekend of the annual "Wild Bill Days". Main Street is blocked off for entertainment, bands, bars, etc...

We are thinking of having 2 rides per day(June 12 and 13) with a knowledgable road captain(s).

TAZ
Old 07-03-2013, 06:33 PM   #18 (permalink)

Default Commander is headed back to Sturgis in 2013

I went last year for the first time, camped at the Buffalo Chip & had an incredible week of riding, camping, & concerts. My plan was to go back in 2015 for the 75th anniversary, however,I started looking at photos from last year's trip and decided I just couldn't resist going back. I will be leaving San Diego with the bike trailered on 8/2, arrive on 8/3, camping at the Buffalo Chip, and leaving the following Saturday on 8/10. The Buffalo Chip was a great experience last year and I just couldn't resist the line-up of concerts for this year. As we get closer to August, I'll get contact info from those of you going and we can meet for some riding. Last year I did the following rides:
Monday: Badlands
Tuesday: Spearfish Canyon & Deadwood
Wednesday: Devil's Tower & Hulet (pantyless Wednesday no longer occurring )
Thursday: Mount Rushmore, Needles, Iron Mountain Road
Friday: Vanocker Canyon & Deadwood again
Old 07-04-2013, 07:13 AM   #19 (permalink)

Just received our conformation from the Gold Coast Hotel in Deadwood. We will be arriving Aug. 5th and staying till the 10th. 5 days of riding, drinking, checking out great looking bikes and women - not necessarily in that order! lol
Old 07-04-2013, 10:31 AM   #20 (permalink)

I usually stay at either the Creek Side campground or Lantheir campground. Lanthier is my prefered stay. Both are very close to town and easy to get into and out of. Lantheir is a straight shot (about 1/2 mile) from the Full Throttle Saloon and next to Glenco Campground. Creek Side and Lanthier are relatively quiet (for Sturgis week). Glenco, like the Chip is a 24 hour party and if nudity bothers you, these are not the places you want to stay. Certainly not a place for kids. The problem with the Chip and Glenco is that the price is steep, but they do have concerts. All of these campgrounds have tent and RV parking as well as small cabins. Creek Side and Lanthier have 3 day minimum stays. Some areas are 1week minimum. Hope this helps you in your search.
Advertisement