Sturgis 2013 planning - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 03:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Sturgis 2013 planning

OK Guys, wondering who might be heading to Sturgis next year, and for those that have been, when to book and where to stay? I'll be riding out from CT... whether the wife follows with a support vehicle is still up for debate.

Probably won't be camping, unless it's cabin action. I'll only be able to haul so much on the bike with just a s/b bag. Don't mind bunking up if others are getting a cabin, but $1500-2000 for a cabin that week is too steep for a solo trip.
Reaper theme paint by Painter, Sweeping Beater Apes by BR Custom, DNA/Ridewright Fat-spoke wheels, Dakota Digital speedo, Cobra Swept exhaust, Thunder MFG adapter, D2Moto Chrome Spike, C&C solo Tribal Flame seat, 8 deg trees & 3" extensions, Kury Chrome Engine Covers, Accutronix side plate mount, Irate grill, Demons Cycle LED mirrors, Chrome Glow LED rear signal, Cobra Fi2000, Barnett Platinum cables, Billet Spike grips/pegs...
djconroy is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 06:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

Looks like 2013 is the year I can cross off "going to Sturgis" from my bucket list. Three of my buddies and I are driving a motor home out and trailering the bikes. Not sure where we are going to park as of yet but when I find out I will let you know and maybe we can put together a ride.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
jw

I'm trying to go with Painter & other club members ( if they go again ) but I think they go the week before?

Last edited by jw; 11-19-2012 at 06:34 PM.
jw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lee

I'm definetly going to Sturgis in the next couple of years. I think I'm gonna wait till I get the Victory Vision before I do that ride though. The black hills is a pretty good ride from Alabama. I want to try to get a couple weeks off so I can spend a little time there. Will take two days hard riding there and two days back for me.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:28 PM   #5 (permalink)

I have been thinking about this myself. Maybe.....
Exredninjaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:37 AM   #6 (permalink)

Funny enough my brother in law and I also want to go from CT. We are looking at renting an rv and trailering the bikes some of the way and riding some. We should stay in touch as it gets a little closer! I live in Meriden he is in Milford.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:48 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loweguy View Post
Funny enough my brother in law and I also want to go from CT. We are looking at renting an rv and trailering the bikes some of the way and riding some. We should stay in touch as it gets a little closer! I live in Meriden he is in Milford.
This sounds promising... we should get together for beers and discuss!
Reaper theme paint by Painter, Sweeping Beater Apes by BR Custom, DNA/Ridewright Fat-spoke wheels, Dakota Digital speedo, Cobra Swept exhaust, Thunder MFG adapter, D2Moto Chrome Spike, C&C solo Tribal Flame seat, 8 deg trees & 3" extensions, Kury Chrome Engine Covers, Accutronix side plate mount, Irate grill, Demons Cycle LED mirrors, Chrome Glow LED rear signal, Cobra Fi2000, Barnett Platinum cables, Billet Spike grips/pegs...
djconroy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:57 PM   #8 (permalink)

I would love to go to Sturgis in 2013. All you people from the SE (especially FL), lets see what we can do to get a caravan together and go up there.
FuryousNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:34 PM   #9 (permalink)

Might go back in 2015 for the 75th anniversary.

... I now have a bad-ass 2013 Stateline.
StPeteAPB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:36 PM   #10 (permalink)

DJ

Rent a toy hauler and stay in Sturgis. I enjoyed staying near Mt Rushmore at the KOA, but we were too far from the nightly festivities in Sturgis.

... I now have a bad-ass 2013 Stateline.
StPeteAPB is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement