School loans? - Page 2 - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 12:49 PM   #11 (permalink)

I bet its nice if you can swing all of the bills and toys by yourself and the freedom. Man everything is expensive these days.
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 12:56 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDESTROYER View Post
I bet its nice if you can swing all of the bills and toys by yourself and the freedom. Man everything is expensive these days.
Not as nice as it used to be - price of everything is up 'cause no one will tell Iowa that making fuel from food is a f**ked up idea.

I don't take the boat out as much.
I take the bike whenever possible for the gas mileage.
And, I don't buy everything I "want" - I pick my vices carefully.

I would like to buy a new laptop with Windows 8 to play around with and learn the new operating system, but Black Friday doesn't even have that great of deals
... I now have a bad-ass 2013 Stateline.
StPeteAPB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:23 PM   #13 (permalink)

I'm not quite as worried about the school loans and entitled parents as I am about the fact that skilled labor in this country is evaporating.

One example: there is a shortfall of 500,000 welders nationwide, which causes delays and cancellation of infrastructure projects like bridge building and repairs. Sure, it means steady work and good pay for welders and fabricators, but that drives payscale and production costs up as well, and where does the bill fall? At the feet of the customer and taxpayer.

The expanded impact of the lack of skilled labor is that under-skilled people are being put into jobs which winds up creates an increase in potential liability claims, meaning higher insurance rates, which makes projects and products cost even more.

Meanwhile we're faced with a glut of unemployed office workers and middle managment employees who are burdened with college loans and mortgages. Customer service jobs have gone overseas for cost savings.

Exports are the key to getting the economy back on track, we need money coming *in* to the country, and into the pockets of Americans. When we don't bring in foreign revenue, we're just recycling the same money over and over. That's just spinning your wheels... you don't move forward like that.
Reaper theme paint by Painter, Sweeping Beater Apes by BR Custom, DNA/Ridewright Fat-spoke wheels, Dakota Digital speedo, Cobra Swept exhaust, Thunder MFG adapter, D2Moto Chrome Spike, C&C solo Tribal Flame seat, 8 deg trees & 3" extensions, Kury Chrome Engine Covers, Accutronix side plate mount, Irate grill, Demons Cycle LED mirrors, Chrome Glow LED rear signal, Cobra Fi2000, Barnett Platinum cables, Billet Spike grips/pegs...
djconroy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:54 PM   #14 (permalink)

Location: In the country between Wichita Falls and Iowa Park, Tx

I never needed a school loan..12 years was enuff....Realistically tho, If I'd a known where I would be today, I could of quit in the 4th grade! I decided to make my money as a blue collar worker. In my world, work or anything else, It was, and still is,"Its who ya know or who ya blow!"..I dont think theres anything wrong with college...However, most college grads I KNOW are bartending or doing walmart....And always wanting another degree...Loans are loans...And School loans are such a rip off...Youre still not guaranteed a job after your degree!...Oh,....I'm a "JunkMan" for the Air force..I make dam good money!!! I just dont know how to spend it wisely.....No retirement....No pension..No 401K....55 years old and hoping for some SS when I turn 65......But,....Ive had a dam good time workin' my ass off! Good luck on school loans.....Its loans or parents money...Or 3 jobs to do it yourself!
johnnybigfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:14 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djconroy View Post
I'm not quite as worried about the school loans and entitled parents as I am about the fact that skilled labor in this country is evaporating.

One example: there is a shortfall of 500,000 welders nationwide, which causes delays and cancellation of infrastructure projects like bridge building and repairs. Sure, it means steady work and good pay for welders and fabricators, but that drives payscale and production costs up as well, and where does the bill fall? At the feet of the customer and taxpayer.

The expanded impact of the lack of skilled labor is that under-skilled people are being put into jobs which winds up creates an increase in potential liability claims, meaning higher insurance rates, which makes projects and products cost even more.

Meanwhile we're faced with a glut of unemployed office workers and middle managment employees who are burdened with college loans and mortgages. Customer service jobs have gone overseas for cost savings.

Exports are the key to getting the economy back on track, we need money coming *in* to the country, and into the pockets of Americans. When we don't bring in foreign revenue, we're just recycling the same money over and over. That's just spinning your wheels... you don't move forward like that.
I agree with you. We need to change our GDP in our favor. Build more stuff here and ship more stuff outside the states than we take in. Tax companies that send jobs overseas and tax products from other countries for purchase here. Give tax credits to companies building things here and sending them elsewhere. Also credits for companies keeping jobs here and credits for products built here for purchase here.

Screw China.
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:40 PM   #16 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to NMUCat Send a message via MSN to NMUCat

I have federal student loans. I am paying them back, have been everyday since I graduated. I'm thankful for them and have no intention of defaulting on them.

The student loans are like the housing market. I don't think everyone should get them no matter what. I think your degree, field of study, amount planned on borrowing and ability to repay upon graduation should all come into account. I think penalties should be added if you don't graduate.
NMUCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 03:30 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDESTROYER View Post
I like it. Most of todays kids are a bunch of entitled pussies and drama queens. No spanking, No bully zones, no child left behind is probably not helping their mentality.

My coworkers kids are 25 and 22 and seem 15/16 years old. Run all over their parents practically making demands for money, school, food, do their laundry and on and on.

Use the rod, spank the child.
I'm in 100% agreement with this post. I hate the way some parents are "raising" their children. A kid needs discipline and needs to be taught respect.

.....and no, I'm not saying to beat them, but yes, sometimes a swat on the ass is necessary. I always used spanking as a very last resort, because I didn't want to have to do it, but I believe my son has turned out pretty good.

He's even thinking about his future now that he's about to finish high school. I never gave my future any thought when I was his age.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:01 PM   #18 (permalink)

You can't default on government school loans. Not even bankruptcy will forgive a student loan. They will garnish your wages and tax returns. Bottom line the government makes money on student loans.

It is a winning proposition for the govt.