#@%* POS Honda won't start - Page 2 - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2012, 03:26 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
Actually, there wasn't even a battery in there.
I feel sorry for you having to deal with that sort of thing. How do you even get mud in a battery compartment? I'm sure Honda would have gone to great lengths to keep the battery clean and dry.
macxpert is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2012, 03:36 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by macxpert View Post
I feel sorry for you having to deal with that sort of thing. How do you even get mud in a battery compartment? I'm sure Honda would have gone to great lengths to keep the battery clean and dry.
Last summer we had a guy bring one in, engine was bad, told him warranty does not cover being run in the river. "it has NEVER been in water". A friend of his came by to talk to the service manager, said did you see his Facebook post, here he is standing on the seat, only thing not submerged is him and the bars. When he came back to check on the warranty, we told him we had forewarded his video to Honda service tech. Cost him $1800 to fix.
Clueless is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:56 PM   #13 (permalink)

Deal with idiots at least once a week, You just can't educate pork
Old 12-09-2012, 05:25 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
Last summer we had a guy bring one in, engine was bad, told him warranty does not cover being run in the river. "it has NEVER been in water". A friend of his came by to talk to the service manager, said did you see his Facebook post, here he is standing on the seat, only thing not submerged is him and the bars. When he came back to check on the warranty, we told him we had forewarded his video to Honda service tech. Cost him $1800 to fix.
Doespecially the average person think technician are stupid? When I was an onboard jet boat mechanic I had a guy bring me his boat in spring and said it wouldn't start. He had hydro locked it and thought it was the starter so he'd parked it through the winter in Alaska. He also wanted us to warranty his motor. I literally laughed in his face.
Odiefords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:06 PM   #15 (permalink)

Had another guy bring back a 750 Spirit, said the dumb ass in back that set the bike up must have backed it into the wall or something, cause the rear fender was bent. Argued with the salesman for a while, and the salesman said lets go ask the guys in back. Since I set the bike up, he came to me. I told him that the dent did not happen at the dealership. "Then who did, I didn't, I rode it into the garage, and saw it the next day" I told him it looked to me like whoever took the heat gun to that plastic fender and took the Honda sticker off, melted the plastic fender.
Clueless is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:53 PM   #16 (permalink)

Wow, I can't believe what you guys have to deal with. I really appreciate what you did for me, and honestly didn't expect it. I was planning for the worst.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777
Old 12-10-2012, 05:04 AM   #17 (permalink)

I would have sold my Fury if Clueless hadn't posted about the fuel pump service bulletin and gave the new filter number. No problems since replacement.

Sent from my PC36100 using Motorcycle.com Free App
You meet the nicest people on a Honda. #156
Smokyboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:01 AM   #18 (permalink)

Yea some people are just idiots and the guy with the 4 wheeler should know that after every mud you have to take the tires off ad clean thoroughly or your brakes are going to go out instantly mid and mechanical parts don't mix

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Sthrnflvr89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement