380 or 9mm ??? - Page 3 - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 10:16 AM   #21 (permalink)
jw

Probably go used to save some $$$ . Wanted to stay under $300 but not sure I can get what I want for that amount ?
jw is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2013, 10:36 AM   #22 (permalink)

Like others have said, get what feels good to you. Caliber is up to you. For concealment, I carry a Russian Makarov. It'll do the job, a little heavy, but stable and has an attached barrel...accurate as hell and fits my hand well, and won't let me down. Whatever you get, hopefully you wont have to use it.

On a side note, I love my remora holster for it...you can wear it with any type of clothing and it won't slip.
woodenhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:27 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodenhorse View Post
Like others have said, get what feels good to you. Caliber is up to you. For concealment, I carry a Russian Makarov. It'll do the job, a little heavy, but stable and has an attached barrel...accurate as hell and fits my hand well, and won't let me down. Whatever you get, hopefully you wont have to use it.

On a side note, I love my remora holster for it...you can wear it with any type of clothing and it won't slip.
Concealment aside, what is your favorite caliber for maximum take down?
Old 01-09-2013, 12:27 PM   #24 (permalink)
jw

Quote:

Gonna start looking for what I want this Sat btwn the 380 & 9 but didn't think about the holster so thanks for the side note
Old 01-09-2013, 02:40 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
Concealment aside, what is your favorite caliber for maximum take down?
Shotgun with double ought buck shot at point blank range For pistols, I'm an old guy, I love Colt 1911's .45......hit them in the arm and it will spin them around.....enough stopping power for my needs.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:43 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw View Post
Gonna start looking for what I want this Sat btwn the 380 & 9 but didn't think about the holster so thanks for the side note
Take your time in looking and feel all of them....the better the fit for your hand, the better for you.

Those remora holsters are not expensive and really do stay put....I like them....I have other holsters, but that one you can use with any clothing.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:56 PM   #27 (permalink)
jw

Quote:
Take your time in looking and feel all of them....the better the fit for your hand, the better for you.

Those remora holsters are not expensive and really do stay put....I like them....I have other holsters, but that one you can use with any clothing.
Does it have a belt clip ?
Old 01-09-2013, 03:55 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Shotgun with double ought buck shot at point blank range For pistols, I'm an old guy, I love Colt 1911's .45......hit them in the arm and it will spin them around.....enough stopping power for my needs.
I figured you for a guy that likes a powerful round. I love my 10mm auto and .44 magnum. Damned expensive ammo though, but to me, it's worth it.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:02 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw View Post
Does it have a belt clip ?
No, don't need one.... a girl could wear it inside her panties waist and it would stay. Makes it pretty convenient
Old 01-09-2013, 04:11 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
I figured you for a guy that likes a powerful round. I love my 10mm auto and .44 magnum. Damned expensive ammo though, but to me, it's worth it.
In the old days, a hitman from certain families would cap a mark with two .22 rounds in the back of the head as a statement. I like the heavier round stopping power, but don't carry it concealed....sometimes do in the car though. Truthfully, you pull a weapon of any caliber and it will raise eyebrows and make some think twice....if you are good with it, which is the key, then any of them will be effective.

back in the day, my preference was a S&W .38 Police Special revolver tricked out tight with an easy trigger pull. It is an accurate pistol.....Bureau used to use them before the Miami incident and they went to semi automatics. They even still used the Thompson sub machine guns when I was there....don't know if they still do. I remember when I first started with them and a truck engine blew right outside HQ, a bunch of them lined the second story area on the 10th street side with Thompsons in hand, lol.......That was in the mid seventies.

Last edited by woodenhorse; 01-09-2013 at 04:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement