380 or 9mm ??? - Page 3 - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 95 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 10:16 AM Thread Starter
jw
Senior Member
 
jw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Indianapolis,Indiana
Posts: 6,166
Probably go used to save some $$$ . Wanted to stay under $300 but not sure I can get what I want for that amount ?
jw is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 95 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 10:36 AM
Senior Member
 
woodenhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Collins, MS
Posts: 5,704
Like others have said, get what feels good to you. Caliber is up to you. For concealment, I carry a Russian Makarov. It'll do the job, a little heavy, but stable and has an attached barrel...accurate as hell and fits my hand well, and won't let me down. Whatever you get, hopefully you wont have to use it.

On a side note, I love my remora holster for it...you can wear it with any type of clothing and it won't slip.
woodenhorse is offline  
post #23 of 95 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 12:27 PM
Senior Member
 
Steveo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: S.E. Kansas
Posts: 7,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodenhorse View Post
Like others have said, get what feels good to you. Caliber is up to you. For concealment, I carry a Russian Makarov. It'll do the job, a little heavy, but stable and has an attached barrel...accurate as hell and fits my hand well, and won't let me down. Whatever you get, hopefully you wont have to use it.

On a side note, I love my remora holster for it...you can wear it with any type of clothing and it won't slip.
Concealment aside, what is your favorite caliber for maximum take down?

http://www.furyforums.com/forum/members/116x150x1398-steveo-albums387-crap-picture46321t-untitled.png.pagespeed.ic.7USV2JNVIZ.jpg
Steveo is online now  
post #24 of 95 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
jw
Senior Member
 
jw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Indianapolis,Indiana
Posts: 6,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodenhorse View Post
Like others have said, get what feels good to you. Caliber is up to you. For concealment, I carry a Russian Makarov. It'll do the job, a little heavy, but stable and has an attached barrel...accurate as hell and fits my hand well, and won't let me down. Whatever you get, hopefully you wont have to use it.

On a side note, I love my remora holster for it...you can wear it with any type of clothing and it won't slip.
Gonna start looking for what I want this Sat btwn the 380 & 9 but didn't think about the holster so thanks for the side note
jw is online now  
post #25 of 95 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 02:40 PM
Senior Member
 
woodenhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Collins, MS
Posts: 5,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
Concealment aside, what is your favorite caliber for maximum take down?
Shotgun with double ought buck shot at point blank range For pistols, I'm an old guy, I love Colt 1911's .45......hit them in the arm and it will spin them around.....enough stopping power for my needs.
woodenhorse is offline  
post #26 of 95 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 02:43 PM
Senior Member
 
woodenhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Collins, MS
Posts: 5,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw View Post
Gonna start looking for what I want this Sat btwn the 380 & 9 but didn't think about the holster so thanks for the side note
Take your time in looking and feel all of them....the better the fit for your hand, the better for you.

Those remora holsters are not expensive and really do stay put....I like them....I have other holsters, but that one you can use with any clothing.
woodenhorse is offline  
post #27 of 95 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
jw
Senior Member
 
jw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Indianapolis,Indiana
Posts: 6,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodenhorse View Post
Take your time in looking and feel all of them....the better the fit for your hand, the better for you.

Those remora holsters are not expensive and really do stay put....I like them....I have other holsters, but that one you can use with any clothing.
Does it have a belt clip ?
jw is online now  
post #28 of 95 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 03:55 PM
Senior Member
 
Steveo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: S.E. Kansas
Posts: 7,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodenhorse View Post
Shotgun with double ought buck shot at point blank range For pistols, I'm an old guy, I love Colt 1911's .45......hit them in the arm and it will spin them around.....enough stopping power for my needs.
I figured you for a guy that likes a powerful round. I love my 10mm auto and .44 magnum. Damned expensive ammo though, but to me, it's worth it.

http://www.furyforums.com/forum/members/116x150x1398-steveo-albums387-crap-picture46321t-untitled.png.pagespeed.ic.7USV2JNVIZ.jpg
Steveo is online now  
post #29 of 95 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 04:02 PM
Senior Member
 
woodenhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Collins, MS
Posts: 5,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw View Post
Does it have a belt clip ?
No, don't need one.... a girl could wear it inside her panties waist and it would stay. Makes it pretty convenient
woodenhorse is offline  
post #30 of 95 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 04:11 PM
Senior Member
 
woodenhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Collins, MS
Posts: 5,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
I figured you for a guy that likes a powerful round. I love my 10mm auto and .44 magnum. Damned expensive ammo though, but to me, it's worth it.
In the old days, a hitman from certain families would cap a mark with two .22 rounds in the back of the head as a statement. I like the heavier round stopping power, but don't carry it concealed....sometimes do in the car though. Truthfully, you pull a weapon of any caliber and it will raise eyebrows and make some think twice....if you are good with it, which is the key, then any of them will be effective.

back in the day, my preference was a S&W .38 Police Special revolver tricked out tight with an easy trigger pull. It is an accurate pistol.....Bureau used to use them before the Miami incident and they went to semi automatics. They even still used the Thompson sub machine guns when I was there....don't know if they still do. I remember when I first started with them and a truck engine blew right outside HQ, a bunch of them lined the second story area on the 10th street side with Thompsons in hand, lol.......That was in the mid seventies.

Last edited by woodenhorse; 01-09-2013 at 04:17 PM.
woodenhorse is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome