interesting executive order proposal - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 12:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default interesting executive order proposal

Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.

Read more: List of executive actions Obama plans to take as part of anti-gun violence plan | Fox News

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm........How do you suppose he will tie this to Obamacare and future ramifications/repercussions on true and false answers?

Last edited by woodenhorse; 01-16-2013 at 12:28 PM.
woodenhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 10:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

To verify if I had answered in a false manner, they would pretty much have to go thru everything in my house and verify ownership. If it comes to that we are screwed either way!
macsevend2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

When Clinton was in office he signed a bill that banned assault weapons. General public deaths decreased during these times from wackos using these weapons to kill them.

Obama seeks to do the same.

Righty alert!! Please follow that paranoid delusion demon in your head and get your oozie, ar15 etc and try and make a stand against the US government.
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:37 PM   #4 (permalink)

During the Assault Weapon ban time period, your probably right that less people were killed with those weapons...

Now, are you saying the total number of people killed with any gun decreased during those times? Or just the total number of people killed with the banned weapons decreased?

I would be interested to know what you find out. I honestly do not know.

So if your inclined to look up the numbers, please inform us. It seems that so many people express opinions with little to no research. I am interested to see\hear what you find out for us.

All that aside.... Did ANYONE on the forum EVER think that any of us would LIVE in a time where we honestly had to answer the following question:

"Would you have to stand up against your own government? AND would you?"

I mean we all read our school history books, some of our kids are reading them now, about the founding fathers having to rise up and endure all of the risks and penalties of doing so...

But did any of you ever expect to be faced with a similar choice?

I did not... And I am not sure we are there yet by any means....

But I do find myself wondering what I would do. And the implications of that choice.

Scary stuff when you just sit down and take all the right\left political BS out of it and just think about what is going on and more to the point HOW it is being done.

Sleep well...

Vic
Victrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:30 AM   #5 (permalink)

Guns don't kill people but people on these drugs kill people.

---------

Eric Harris age 17 (first on Zoloft then Luvox) and Dylan Klebold aged 18 (Columbine school shooting in Littleton, Colorado), killed 12 students and 1 teacher, and wounded 23 others, before killing themselves. Klebold’s medical records have never been made available to the public.

Jeff Weise, age 16, had been prescribed 60 mg/day of Prozac (three times the average starting dose for adults!) when he shot his grandfather, his grandfather’s girlfriend and many fellow students at Red Lake, Minnesota. He then shot himself. 10 dead, 12 wounded.

Cory Baadsgaard, age 16, Wahluke (Washington state) High School, was on Paxil (which caused him to have hallucinations) when he took a rifle to his high school and held 23 classmates hostage. He has no memory of the event.

Chris Fetters, age 13, killed his favorite aunt while taking Prozac.

Christopher Pittman, age 12, murdered both his grandparents while taking Zoloft.

Mathew Miller, age 13, hung himself in his bedroom closet after taking Zoloft for 6 days.

Kip Kinkel, age 15, (on Prozac and Ritalin) shot his parents while they slept then went to school and opened fire killing 2 classmates and injuring 22 shortly after beginning Prozac treatment.

Luke Woodham, age 16 (Prozac) killed his mother and then killed two students, wounding six others.

A boy in Pocatello, ID (Zoloft) in 1998 had a Zoloft-induced seizure that caused an armed stand off at his school.

Michael Carneal (Ritalin), age 14, opened fire on students at a high school prayer meeting in West Paducah, Kentucky. Three teenagers were killed, five others were wounded..

A young man in Huntsville, Alabama (Ritalin) went psychotic chopping up his parents with an ax and also killing one sibling and almost murdering another.

Andrew Golden, age 11, (Ritalin) and Mitchell Johnson, aged 14, (Ritalin) shot 15 people, killing four students, one teacher, and wounding 10 others.

TJ Solomon, age 15, (Ritalin) high school student in Conyers, Georgia opened fire on and wounded six of his class mates.

Rod Mathews, age 14, (Ritalin) beat a classmate to death with a bat.

James Wilson, age 19, (various psychiatric drugs) from Breenwood, South Carolina, took a .22 caliber revolver into an elementary school killing two young girls, and wounding seven other children and two teachers.

Elizabeth Bush, age 13, (Paxil) was responsible for a school shooting in Pennsylvania

Jason Hoffman (Effexor and Celexa) – school shooting in El Cajon, California

Jarred Viktor, age 15, (Paxil), after five days on Paxil he stabbed his grandmother 61 times.

Chris Shanahan, age 15 (Paxil) in Rigby, ID who out of the blue killed a woman.

Jeff Franklin (Prozac and Ritalin), Huntsville, AL, killed his parents as they came home from work using a sledge hammer, hatchet, butcher knife and mechanic’s file, then attacked his younger brothers and sister.

Neal Furrow (Prozac) in LA Jewish school shooting reported to have been court-ordered to be on Prozac along with several other medications.

Kevin Rider, age 14, was withdrawing from Prozac when he died from a gunshot wound to his head. Initially it was ruled a suicide, but two years later, the investigation into his death was opened as a possible homicide. The prime suspect, also age 14, had been taking Zoloft and other SSRI antidepressants.

Alex Kim, age 13, hung himself shortly after his Lexapro prescription had been doubled.

Diane Routhier was prescribed Welbutrin for gallstone problems. Six days later, after suffering many adverse effects of the drug, she shot herself.

Billy Willkomm, an accomplished wrestler and a University of Florida student, was prescribed Prozac at the age of 17. His family found him dead of suicide – hanging from a tall ladder at the family’s Gulf Shore Boulevard home in July 2002.

Kara Jaye Anne Fuller-Otter, age 12, was on Paxil when she hung herself from a hook in her closet. Kara’s parents said “…. the damn doctor wouldn’t take her off it and I asked him to when we went in on the second visit. I told him I thought she was having some sort of reaction to Paxil…”)

Gareth Christian, Vancouver, age 18, was on Paxil when he committed suicide in 2002, (Gareth’s father could not accept his son’s death and killed himself.)

Julie Woodward, age 17, was on Zoloft when she hung herself in her family’s detached garage.

Matthew Miller was 13 when he saw a psychiatrist because he was having difficulty at school. The psychiatrist gave him samples of Zoloft. Seven days later his mother found him dead, hanging by a belt from a laundry hook in his closet.

Kurt Danysh, age 18, and on Prozac, killed his father with a shotgun. He is now behind prison bars, and writes letters, trying to warn the world that SSRI drugs can kill.

Woody ____, age 37, committed suicide while in his 5th week of taking Zoloft. Shortly before his death his physician suggested doubling the dose of the drug. He had seen his physician only for insomnia. He had never been depressed, nor did he have any history of any mental illness symptoms.

A boy from Houston, age 10, shot and killed his father after his Prozac dosage was increased.

Hammad Memon, age 15, shot and killed a fellow middle school student. He had been diagnosed with ADHD and depression and was taking Zoloft and “other drugs for the conditions.”

Matti Saari, a 22-year-old culinary student, shot and killed 9 students and a teacher, and wounded another student, before killing himself. Saari was taking an SSRI and a benzodiazapine.

Steven Kazmierczak, age 27, shot and killed five people and wounded 21 others before killing himself in a Northern Illinois University auditorium. According to his girlfriend, he had recently been taking Prozac, Xanax and Ambien. Toxicology results showed that he still had trace amounts of Xanax in his system.

Finnish gunman Pekka-Eric Auvinen, age 18, had been taking antidepressants before he killed eight people and wounded a dozen more at Jokela High School – then he committed suicide.
Asa Coon from Cleveland, age 14, shot and wounded four before taking his own life. Court records show Coon was on Trazodone.

Jon Romano, age 16, on medication for depression, fired a shotgun at a teacher in his
New York high school.

Missing from list… 3 of 4 known to have taken these same meds….

What drugs was Jared Lee Loughner on, age 21…… killed 6 people and injuring 14 others in Tuscon, Az

What drugs was James Eagan Holmes on, age 24….. killed 12 people and injuring 59 others in Aurora Colorado

What drugs was Jacob Tyler Roberts on, age 22, killed 2 injured 1, Clackamas Or

What drugs was Adam Peter Lanza on, age 20, Killed 26 and wounded 2 in Newtown Ct

Roberts is the only one that I haven’t heard about being on drugs of some kind.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Blue #397 -Cobra Swept, Accutronix Side plate, Spoiler Chin, Irate Tribal Grill Cover, ISO Grips, ISO Throttle Boss, ISO Stiletto Caps, Zombie Levers, Deep Dish Bezels signals, 3” Extended FC.
ScorpionKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:38 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodenhorse View Post
Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.

Read more: List of executive actions Obama plans to take as part of anti-gun violence plan | Fox News

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm........How do you suppose he will tie this to Obamacare and future ramifications/repercussions on true and false answers?
Woodenhorse, the problem I have is that if the doctors become legally bound to do this... then they become 'Agents of the State'... which is very slippery slope for this country to tread on.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:14 AM   #7 (permalink)

If another law will stop this sort of stuff, I say we should pass a law that makes it illegal to go into a public place and shoot people, that would fix it right there!!!
macsevend2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:04 AM   #8 (permalink)

Making more laws aren't going to fix it. Making harsher penalties for all crimes would be a big step in the right direction. Eye for an Eye justice!
Old 01-17-2013, 06:09 AM   #9 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Richard1

Josh makes a good point. How about if you commit a crime with a gun, it’s 10 years in prison.

Judge, Jury & Bulldozer
Richard1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:28 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
When Clinton was in office he signed a bill that banned assault weapons. General public deaths decreased during these times from wackos using these weapons to kill them.

Obama seeks to do the same.

Righty alert!! Please follow that paranoid delusion demon in your head and get your oozie, ar15 etc and try and make a stand against the US government.
Well HELL! Let's just elect Clinton to another term! I mean if we can ignore the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution, why can't we just ignore the 22nd Amendment too?
Bigmacdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement