Post Your Other Projects! - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum
 100Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 126 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 12:18 AM Thread Starter

Post Your Other Projects!

I figured this might be a fun topic, let's see what everyone does that isn't work on their bikes!

It can be threads from other forums, photos of what you just got done doing, etc. Build a bar? Post it up! Homemade pogo stick? Bring it on. Hot rods to mopeds? Go for it.

Just got done doing a short shifter kit with a SRT 10 Viper truck Hurst shifter in my Cummins. Designed a custom adapter to make it work. Have a read to kick it off if you're interested!

http://www.cumminsforum.com/#/topics...ge=1&_k=bqbohk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 126 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 07:14 AM

Garage
Other projects, well, I work on my Yamaha, but it is weather dependent also. So is the Mustang. I did just finish building my own computer. And my son has started playing with his own small forge, so we do that.

WI_Hedgehog likes this.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin
The best government is a benevolent tyranny tempered by an occasional assassination. - Voltaire
post #3 of 126 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 10:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordinary Biker View Post
Other projects, well, I work on my Yamaha, but it is weather dependent also. So is the Mustang. I did just finish building my own computer. And my son has started playing with his own small forge, so we do that.
Right on my old man and I have built a few computers, he does all of his own tech stuff, a lot of which is even over my head. That forge is awesome!!
post #4 of 126 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 10:34 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by krashDH View Post
Right on my old man and I have built a few computers, he does all of his own tech stuff, a lot of which is even over my head. That forge is awesome!!
I was easier than I thought it would be. There is so much information out there anymore, and youtube videos! Got a $2500 system for around $1300. There is a website that helps with picking parts, making sure you have no conflicts. Was fun in the end, but it is huge! I didn't pay enough attention to the case size when I picked it lol!

That was like the third firing of it. He is already on to upgrades and plans, but a out of town trip for work slowed him down.
krashDH and BakoFury like this.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin
The best government is a benevolent tyranny tempered by an occasional assassination. - Voltaire
post #5 of 126 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 10:39 AM Thread Starter

Had this going on last week...the winter toy...wrecked into a tree at the end of last year. Had to replace control arms, rebuild shock, and I ended up putting a performance silencer in there while I was at it.

Broke her legs good...

The beast:

Ripping out and installing new can, re-doing all gaskets:

post #6 of 126 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 10:56 AM

Garage
I'm in the middle of converting a Coke machine into a gun safe. Bought a non working one last weekend for $40 and cleaned out to insides within a few hours. Inside dimensions are 52h x 27w x 16d. Plus there's another 12 x 27 x 18 area below the former dispensing space. Auto carpeting the inside and putting in a shelving unit. Adding an extra slide lock to the inner door and vibration sensing alarm to ward off the amature criminals. Keeping the light on the front panel for show. Pics to follow.
post #7 of 126 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 01:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACCTM View Post
I'm in the middle of converting a Coke machine into a gun safe. Bought a non working one last weekend for $40 and cleaned out to insides within a few hours. Inside dimensions are 52h x 27w x 16d. Plus there's another 12 x 27 x 18 area below the former dispensing space. Auto carpeting the inside and putting in a shelving unit. Adding an extra slide lock to the inner door and vibration sensing alarm to ward off the amature criminals. Keeping the light on the front panel for show. Pics to follow.
1-Up yourself and have it still dispense beverages (maybe not soda...)! Keep it looking legit and would be criminals would walk right past it without giving it a second thought.
Goat likes this.
post #8 of 126 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACCTM View Post
Holy shit, that sounds awesome! Looking forward to the pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat View Post
Perverted lives matter!
post #9 of 126 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 04:53 PM

Garage
I thought about making little pics of my guns for the dispensing buttons but that would defeat the purpose of making it look like nothing but a coke machine.
WI_Hedgehog likes this.
post #10 of 126 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 05:28 AM

Shown below is an adapter plate I made from billet 7075 Aluminium alloy to mount a '72 V6 Ford Capri motor to a '90 Land Rover 5-speed transmisson and Range Rover tranfer case. This drivetrain is mounted in my 1963 Land Rover. The modern RR transfercase single stick operating lever was converted to old Land Rover style 2 lever operation. That took quite some time and prototypes to figure it all out but looking from the cabin interior it all looks like it's 1963.
I do all my designing and fabricating. If I don't have the skills, I study and train.

Project is ready for Tech Inspection to make it all road-legal. After that there's a lot of cosmetics on the car that requires some attention.

The plan is to drive this for one year to work out all snags. Next year, take the '72 2.6L Ford out and replace with a fuel injected '92 4.0L for some real torque. Should be a straight swap except for wiring and exhaust system.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9391.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	169777   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9392.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	169785   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9566.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	169793   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9589.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	169801   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9599.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	169809  

Blue 2010. #1 Euro Re-flashed ECU. Oil temp & pressure gauges. J & H on stock muffler. 240 Metz on 7.75" rim. Own aircleaner. Integrated tail/brake/indicator light. No pair valve. Sort of T-mod. Restyled seat. Rad rad cover. Down under rear brake.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode