Meeting with a Goat - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum
 237Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 121 (permalink) Old 03-26-2017, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

Meeting with a Goat

Well I finally had a chance to get through Southeast Kansas and meet up with Steve over the weekend so I seized the opportunity, as I think anyone with a brain in their head would.

I arrived Friday afternoon and after the Goat managed to Weasel his way out of work early (I think he told his boss he was sick and had a fake cough that continued through our visit, he is consistent I will give him that) he came and picked me up at my fantastically gorgeous blue Peterbilt and we were off and running to the World Famous Barto's idle hour supper club. We had to get there early to get the best seats in the house, after all we wouldn't want to get sloshed in poor seats now would we?

After having sampled their delicious fried chicken and way more beer, bloody Marys and G&T's than I can recall we found our way back to my Peterbilt (did I mention its pretty) and he dropped me off so I could rest up for the day ahead.

Saturday morning bright and early (12:15pm) Steve arrived and we were off on yet another whirl wind big city adventure.... First to Bob's cafe or restaurant or whatever it was called for one of the best cheese burgers I have had in a long time with a side of curly cheese fries covered with grilled onions (don't judge me, I love onions). My ever so gracious host choked down some chili while grumbling about me forcing him to eat when he had already had bacon and eggs this morning (without me mind you) but he suffered through it.

We then headed for his palatial mansion on the hill, that's hermits hill for those of you who may not know, where we checked out his custom chopper and practiced our aim by taking a few shots with his beautiful AR. I had to suffer through the "awful" trigger because the dirty sons of bitches forgot to send him the screws for his new trigger, those bastards.

We then left the palace and headed for wine country and ended up at a winery that I believe is actually owned by Steve, although he would never admit to it, because everyone in there knew him by name and they all seemed to hold him in reverence. He introduced me to the "owner" of the establishment and let me tell you there was more "fine wine" in that place than you can shake your stick at. Some of the wine was very bubbly and friendly while others seemed to be busting out and begging to be seen. If you ever go there you simply must try the Iraqi delight, it is an absolutely beautiful wine, very appealing and gracious . We sampled a few wines and ate some little oyster crackers while Steve grumbled about having indigestion from the chili I "forced" him to eat, but he still kept eating crackers.

After the fun time at his winery we headed back to Barto's, to get the best seats of course. On the way we enjoyed a fine Cuban cigar provided by Steve of course, after all I can't afford those kinds of niceties. We arrive at the supper club and procured our seats and the indulging began much like the night before. As we sat there we made a new friend named Bill, he has a retarded dog (his words not mine) that he lives with in his garage since his wife kicked him out of the house.... Nice guy, he drives a train and the Goat is going to go visit him, maybe if he is good Bill will take him for a ride on the train. I enjoyed another great cheese burger and fries with no onion this time( and not because I didn't ask for it). After dinner and a few more drinks he dropped me back off at my truck, you know the pretty blue one, and he bid me farewell and even told me if I got back through that I was welcome back.

Here is the only pic I will post as evidence of our journey.... Mostly because we didn't think to take any more... Lol

Anyway a great time was had by all, or at least by me, even though Steve kept calling me Jeff for some strange reason.... Must have been too many G&T's... Lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rps20170326_104548.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	174770  
Seņor Gar, Wigoh, AV8R and 8 others like this.

(Grandmaster of the Re-Flash Posse)
High Performance ECU Reflash Thread

Last edited by Kbuskill; 03-27-2017 at 01:22 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 121 (permalink) Old 03-26-2017, 01:14 PM

That's awesome, really made my day, thanks!
Kbuskill likes this.
post #3 of 121 (permalink) Old 03-26-2017, 01:23 PM

Sounds like a great way to spend a weekend
Kbuskill likes this.

Blue 2010. #1 Euro Re-flashed ECU. Oil temp & pressure gauges. J & H on stock muffler. 240 Metz on 7.75" rim. Own aircleaner. Integrated tail/brake/indicator light. No pair valve. Sort of T-mod. Restyled seat. Rad rad cover. Down under rear brake.
post #4 of 121 (permalink) Old 03-26-2017, 04:59 PM

Garage
Very cool. I have it on my bucket list to drop in on Goat. I'm sure it will be a blast although I can't drink anything like the amount you guys did........
Goat, Kbuskill and WI_Hedgehog like this.

post #5 of 121 (permalink) Old 03-26-2017, 08:31 PM

Glad to hear ya'll had a good time. Brings back old memories. Maybe one of these days I'll make my way up there and see the old Goat. Who knows, maybe "Visiting the Goat" will become a Mecca for all Fury owners.
Goat, AV8R, Invicta and 5 others like this.

velociraptor intake; Cannella black riser; dyno tuned; black & white spikes
Cobra 3" slips (baffles in); Memphis Shades pop top sportshield; iso-driver boards
Fi2000R, ~120 mls LED lights; C&C SportTour seat; Rebel Bandit ReFlash Hog
post #6 of 121 (permalink) Old 03-26-2017, 08:43 PM

Garage
How much fun would it be if we all dropped in at once. It can be the Fury version of Sturgis at Goat's home......
Goat, Invicta, Kbuskill and 3 others like this.

post #7 of 121 (permalink) Old 03-26-2017, 09:18 PM Thread Starter

Let me just say that it is well worth the trip from ANYWHERE in the world.... The ol' Goat definitely knows how to have a good time.
Goat, macxpert, Invicta and 2 others like this.

post #8 of 121 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 07:51 AM

Send a message via MSN to Wigoh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbuskill View Post
Well I finally had a chance to get through Southeast Kansas and meet up with Steve over the weekend so I seized the opportunity, as I think anyone with a brain in their head would.

I arrived Friday afternoon and after the Goat managed to Weasel his way out of work early (I think he told his boss he was sick and had a fake cough that continued through our visit, he is consistent I will give him that) he came and picked me up at my fantastically gorgeous blue Peterbilt and we were off and running to the World Famous Barto's idle hour supper club. We had to get there early to get the best seats in the house, after all we wouldn't want to get sloshed in poor seats now would we?

After having sampled their delicious fried chicken and way more beer, bloody Marys and G&T's than I can recall we found our way back to my Peterbilt (did I mention its pretty) and he dropped me off so I could rest up for the day ahead.

Saturday morning bright and early (12:15pm) Steve arrived and we were off on yet another whirl wind big city adventure.... First to Bob's cafe or restaurant or whatever it was called for one of the best cheese burgers I have had in a long time with a side of curly cheese fries covered with grilled onions (don't judge me, I love onions). My ever so gracious host choked down some chili while grumbling about me forcing him to eat when he had already had bacon and eggs this morning (without me mind you) but he suffered through it.

We then headed for his palatial mansion on the hill, that's hermits hill for those of you who may not know, where we checked out his custom chopper and practiced our aim by taking a few shots with his beautiful AR. I had to suffer through the "awful" trigger because the dirty sons of bitches forgot to send him the screws for his new trigger, those bastards.

We then left the palace and headed for wine country and ended up at a winery that I believe is actually owned by Steve, although he would never admit to it, because everyone in there knew him by name and they all seemed to hold him in reverence. He introduced me to the "owner" of the establishment and let me tell you there was more "fine wine" in that place than you can shake your stick at. Some of the wine was very bubbly and friendly while others seemed to be busting out and begging to be seen. If you ever go there you simply must try the Iraqi delight, it is an absolutely beautiful wine, very appealing and gracious . We sampled a few wines and ate some little oyster crackers while Steve grumbled about having indigestion from the chili I "forced" him to eat, but he still kept eating crackers.

After the fun time at his winery we headed back to Barto's, to get the best seats of course. On the way we enjoyed a fine Cuban cigar provided by Steve of course, after all I can't afford those kinds of niceties. We arrive at the supper club and procured our seats and the indulging began much like the night before. As we sat there we made a new friend named Bill, he has a retarded dog (his words not mine) that he lives with in his garage since his wife kicked him out of the house.... Nice guy, he drives a train and the Goat is going to go visit him, maybe if he is good Bill will take him for a ride on the train. I enjoyed another great cheese burger and fries with no onion this time( and not because I didn't ask for it). After dinner and a few more drinks he dropped me back off at my truck, you know the pretty blue one, and he bid me farewell and even told me if I got back through that I was welcome back.

Here is the only pic I will post as evidence of our journey.... Mostly because we didn't think to take any more... Lol

Anyway a great time was had by all, or at least by me, even though Steve kept calling me Jeff for some strange reason.... Must have been too many G&T's... Lol
Really good and funny and from what others have said (Allan) factual account of visits to Steve!....had me laughing out loud! Jeff!....one day hopefully Steve I might just surprise ya!....then the fun will begin eh!......
Goat, Kbuskill and BlueJ like this.
post #9 of 121 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 07:58 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigoh View Post
Really good and funny and from what others have said (Allan) factual account of visits to Steve!....had me laughing out loud! Jeff!....one day hopefully Steve I might just surprise ya!....then the fun will begin eh!......
Ahhh... I wish you coulda been there me ol mucka. We were actually saying that while we were hanging out.
Goat likes this.

post #10 of 121 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 09:20 AM

Send a message via MSN to Wigoh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbuskill View Post
Ahhh... I wish you coulda been there me ol mucka. We were actually saying that while we were hanging out.
Nice one!...thought me ears we're burning!.....sounds like you had the craic alright....Steve the genial funny host.....
Kbuskill likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode