Today is a new day. No matter how you feel or what was said, the cards were dealt, the bets made, the hands shown, and a winner called. Now is the time we all have to come together to change things for a better America. I have high hopes that Congress will come to their senses and work for the American People. I know, they are pricks and bastards, but they have to work together now or we got squat and will get squat done. This could be our last chance.
I absolutely agree with you on this being what needs to happen.
I only wish I shared your optimism, but I fear the ruling class has far too much gain, and far too much to protect to worry about us squabbling over the crumbs.
In two more years, not four, are the mid-terms. At that time, people like Mitch McConnell, Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, John Boehner and Eric Cantor are ALL up for re-evaluation and election.
I name these five people specifically because they are the ones who have obstructed the most as leaders in their parties and houses. I am short one Democrat because his big mouth and super-sized ego already got his ass canned; Anthony Weiner.
The American public must demand moderation, compromise, fiscal responsibility and accountability from Congress. The President is but one person ... it's Congress that has truly failed us the worst these past years. A message must be sent via the five people mentioned above being tossed out in the next elections.
ALSO: These things need to change regarding the Presidential elections:
1. Primaries: The vote for a nominee for a party takes place on the same days around the entire country. No more should Iowa, Florida and a few other States be permitted to filter down the nominees before other States get their chance to vote on a nominee. Fix It!
2. Term Limits: Congress gets a limit of two terms - period. And, the Presidency should be changed from two 4-year terms to one 6-year term. Fix It!
3. Campaign Finance Reform: DISGUSTING the amount of money and lies spent by both parties across this country. Fit It!
4. Lobbying: Make it illegal. Enough's f**king enough!
5. Third Party Candidates: Stop ignoring candidates outside this two-party chokehold! If we have the freedom of so many different religions, then we should have the freedom of as many candidates that qualify to be in the race and on the ballot. This two-party system SUCKS!
6. Get rid of the Electoral College: Antiquated and no longer necessary.
And, that is my 2-cents on this matter.