Political Topic - Why Do You Hate Obama? - Read Post #1 Before Responding, Pls - Page 49 - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 08:56 PM   #481 (permalink)

I appreciate your sentiment, guys. But I don't want to be a FROG. FROGs don't get ahead, they never really experience freedom. And freedom is sweeter than any government cheese or Halloween candy.

I'll keep plugging away, and socking money away, because I don't believe that the government will always be there to provide. I am thoroughly convinced that we will wind up competing on reality shows for food, like the Hunger Games because the only channel of untapped revenue for the government will be TV show sponsors of survival games and executions.

And I'd rather be a viewer than a contestant.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Reaper theme paint by Painter, Sweeping Beater Apes by BR Custom, DNA/Ridewright Fat-spoke wheels, Dakota Digital speedo, Cobra Swept exhaust, Thunder MFG adapter, D2Moto Chrome Spike, C&C solo Tribal Flame seat, 8 deg trees & 3" extensions, Kury Chrome Engine Covers, Accutronix side plate mount, Irate grill, Demons Cycle LED mirrors, Chrome Glow LED rear signal, Cobra Fi2000, Barnett Platinum cables, Billet Spike grips/pegs...
djconroy is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 11:09 PM   #482 (permalink)
Banned

Today is a new day. No matter how you feel or what was said, the cards were dealt, the bets made, the hands shown, and a winner called. Now is the time we all have to come together to change things for a better America. I have high hopes that Congress will come to their senses and work for the American People. I know, they are pricks and bastards, but they have to work together now or we got squat and will get squat done. This could be our last chance.
mental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:55 AM   #483 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mental View Post
Today is a new day. No matter how you feel or what was said, the cards were dealt, the bets made, the hands shown, and a winner called. Now is the time we all have to come together to change things for a better America. I have high hopes that Congress will come to their senses and work for the American People. I know, they are pricks and bastards, but they have to work together now or we got squat and will get squat done. This could be our last chance.
I absolutely agree with you on this being what needs to happen.

I only wish I shared your optimism, but I fear the ruling class has far too much gain, and far too much to protect to worry about us squabbling over the crumbs.
Bigmacdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:18 AM   #484 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmacdaddy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mental View Post
I absolutely agree with you on this being what needs to happen.

I only wish I shared your optimism, but I fear the ruling class has far too much gain, and far too much to protect to worry about us squabbling over the crumbs.
In two more years, not four, are the mid-terms. At that time, people like Mitch McConnell, Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, John Boehner and Eric Cantor are ALL up for re-evaluation and election.

I name these five people specifically because they are the ones who have obstructed the most as leaders in their parties and houses. I am short one Democrat because his big mouth and super-sized ego already got his ass canned; Anthony Weiner.

The American public must demand moderation, compromise, fiscal responsibility and accountability from Congress. The President is but one person ... it's Congress that has truly failed us the worst these past years. A message must be sent via the five people mentioned above being tossed out in the next elections.

ALSO: These things need to change regarding the Presidential elections:
1. Primaries: The vote for a nominee for a party takes place on the same days around the entire country. No more should Iowa, Florida and a few other States be permitted to filter down the nominees before other States get their chance to vote on a nominee. Fix It!

2. Term Limits: Congress gets a limit of two terms - period. And, the Presidency should be changed from two 4-year terms to one 6-year term. Fix It!

3. Campaign Finance Reform: DISGUSTING the amount of money and lies spent by both parties across this country. Fit It!

4. Lobbying: Make it illegal. Enough's f**king enough!

5. Third Party Candidates: Stop ignoring candidates outside this two-party chokehold! If we have the freedom of so many different religions, then we should have the freedom of as many candidates that qualify to be in the race and on the ballot. This two-party system SUCKS!

6. Get rid of the Electoral College: Antiquated and no longer necessary.

And, that is my 2-cents on this matter.
... I now have a bad-ass 2013 Stateline.
StPeteAPB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:32 AM   #485 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StPeteAPB View Post

Don't forget Debbie Wasserman Schultz.

Agreed on all points (well, we can debate the Electoral College; not sure the folks in mid-America would be too keen on having California and New York having an even more disproportionate say in what goes on than they do already); I just think when 2014 gets here, the 5 (or 6) named above (and about 430 of their esteemed colleagues) will lie/cheat/steal/bargain/bribe/threaten/cajole their constituents, as usual, in order to retain their power.

I wish it weren't true, but recent history, sadly, appears to be on my side.

And can we make it a rule that once someone's voted out of office, that they have to stay out?

I mean, c'mon, Alan Grayson? Really? How many times do you have to put a stake in the heart of that vampire before he really, really dies?
Bigmacdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:32 AM   #486 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
What is it with this punk and his disdain of anyone older than him? I mean, I can't stand some old geezer blocking traffic on the highway, but every post from this guy has something in it about someone being old. What is he, 12 years old?
He subscribes to Obama's plan for the elderly.....give them a pill and let them die.
woodenhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:45 AM   #487 (permalink)

Quote:
In two more years, not four, are the mid-terms. At that time, people like Mitch McConnell, Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, John Boehner and Eric Cantor are ALL up for re-evaluation and election.

I name these five people specifically because they are the ones who have obstructed the most as leaders in their parties and houses. I am short one Democrat because his big mouth and super-sized ego already got his ass canned; Anthony Weiner.

The American public must demand moderation, compromise, fiscal responsibility and accountability from Congress. The President is but one person ... it's Congress that has truly failed us the worst these past years. A message must be sent via the five people mentioned above being tossed out in the next elections.

1. Primaries: The vote for a nominee for a party takes place on the same days around the entire country. No more should Iowa, Florida and a few other States be permitted to filter down the nominees before other States get their chance to vote on a nominee. Fix It!

2. Term Limits: Congress gets a limit of two terms - period. And, the Presidency should be changed from two 4-year terms to one 6-year term. Fix It!

3. Campaign Finance Reform: DISGUSTING the amount of money and lies spent by both parties across this country. Fit It!

5. Third Party Candidates: Stop ignoring candidates outside this two-party chokehold! If we have the freedom of so many different religions, then we should have the freedom of as many candidates that qualify to be in the race and on the ballot. This two-party system SUCKS!

Believe it or not, Alan, I agree with every point you made here!
Reaper theme paint by Painter, Sweeping Beater Apes by BR Custom, DNA/Ridewright Fat-spoke wheels, Dakota Digital speedo, Cobra Swept exhaust, Thunder MFG adapter, D2Moto Chrome Spike, C&C solo Tribal Flame seat, 8 deg trees & 3" extensions, Kury Chrome Engine Covers, Accutronix side plate mount, Irate grill, Demons Cycle LED mirrors, Chrome Glow LED rear signal, Cobra Fi2000, Barnett Platinum cables, Billet Spike grips/pegs...
djconroy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:48 AM   #488 (permalink)

Quote:

I get your drift St. Pete.....but the only way to change things is to educate the voters in the ways of economics, the world, etc.......face it, most voters are ignorant to the true issues at hand, heck, they don't even know the issues.........who presents the issues to the general population? Media......They define and manipulate what comes to light. They loathe all the viral vids that surface because they are out of the media's control (for now). The general populous doesn't want to change or even try to understand the underworkings of a solid economy. The problem isn't only in the elected.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:52 AM   #489 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodenhorse View Post
I get your drift St. Pete.....but the only way to change things is to educate the voters in the ways of economics, the world, etc.......face it, most voters are ignorant to the true issues at hand, heck, they don't even know the issues.........who presents the issues to the general population? Media......They define and manipulate what comes to light. They loathe all the viral vids that surface because they are out of the media's control (for now). The general populous doesn't want to change or even try to understand the underworkings of a solid economy. The problem isn't only in the elected.
Agree. And, in that, ...

7. Get rid of 24-hour news shows. Let's get back to real news like Walter Cronkite used to deliver. Sick if Fox and MSNBC slants and CNN's idiocy.
... I now have a bad-ass 2013 Stateline.
StPeteAPB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:25 AM   #490 (permalink)

Quote:
Agree. And, in that, ...

7. Get rid of 24-hour news shows. Let's get back to real news like Walter Cronkite used to deliver. Sick if Fox and MSNBC slants and CNN's idiocy.
Interestinig avatar pic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement