Honda Fury Forums: banner

Triple Trees - What Brand to get

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Cooperj 
#1 ·
So I am on a kick to get the 8* triple trees. I know some people have the ones from VTXtreme, but SUMO also makes a set. Any thoughts on benefits for one over another? The price is pretty similar, so it doesn't really make a difference.

Thanks!

#2 ·
I got the VTXtreme setup but looking at the Sumo X you get a wider fork setup for a wider wheel and an extra 2 degrees in the handle bar holes so no need for handle bar extensions. Plus Sumo have a chrome option. I would've liked the chrome option.

#4 ·
Yeah I am not sure if the polished ones will be shiny enough for me. It is hard to tell.

How do they look in your opinion?

They're shiny, but easily scratch. The 3" stainless steel fork extensions I got at the same time are holding their shine better. If there's an option for chrome I'd go for it. Not sure about the wider fork setup though it'd be good for future mods!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#7 ·
I got mine from xchoppers, good quality, good shine, but aluminium. Main reason was I also got the 4" extensions. Don't forget to drop the rear suspension, rides and looks awesome.

#8 ·
I recommend VTX extreme.
By the way I have the Sumo X rear 250 wide tire and it is SIIIiiCK!!!
But the Sumo trees are much wider and really for a 26" wheel.
If your going 26" front wheel than go sumo X, other wise it will be dispaportionate.
You cannot beat Daryl's service at VTX.
He called me from his cell phone on Sunday night to make sure I got my trees, I didn't even say anything he just called me out of the blue. He is incredible when it comes to customer service. Also a lot of people don't know he can actually custom build your trees, he did some custom work for me with integrated turn signals with fork tube covers .
He can pretty much do anything if you let him before hand.
I can't Reccommend him enough , also I sent the VTX extreme trees out to classic components for chrome so they will be shiny.
I wne through the same thing you are, I was gonna get sumo x but I wanted to keep the 21 inch wheel so I though VTX extreme were more proportionate and even looked good if I went up to a 23" wheel

#9 ·
AJ, you are a man of many words that all hit the spot. I was thinking about the issue of the spacing and how it may not look good since I'm staying with 21 front. And you are correct, Daryl is cool to deal with. He has answered all of my questions via email and quite thoroughly to boot. Also he is going to sell me just trees since I already have the extensions. I think I'll go with him and send out for chrome if needed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.