Honda Fury Forums: banner

3 inch extender problem

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  wav6940 
#1 ·
hey guys I'm adding the 3inch extenders and I have it (the clutch side) to the point where I pull the fork tubes down and flush up the fork extender to tighten down thw upper fork bolt(6 mm). the problem I'm having is I have no help and the extenders are being a pain to pull down flush. I cant quite get them flush and then I cant turn them loose to tighten the top 6 mm bolt to hold them in place. ok. whats the trick here, I notice on the low and mean video online that they are using what looks like 2 inch extentions. I have the front tire barely above the ground (even higher,even lower) cant get that LAST TWO INCHES.:confuzed:

#2 ·
I followed the L&M video for my 3" extenders and had no problem. Having said that I did the 8* so took the extenders off and polished them before extending them. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the sequence is: jack the bike up so the wheel is off the ground. Loosen the upper tree bolt. You should do both sides at the same time. I think the L&M video only shows one side. Lower the bike so the wheel pushes the top of the extenders up to reveal the top of it. Loosen cap on top by placing screw driver in under it and twist to get a spanner under the top cap. Loosen cap. Pull spanner out being careful not to pull the spring tension holding clip out. Take top cap off and replace with 3" extender, use existing rubber. Screw drive in above holding clip to open up for spanner under 3" extender. Tighten up extender. Lift bike to take load off wheel. Loosen lower tree bolt. Lift bike high enough to slide the extenders down to the level you need at top of triple tree. Tighten all triple tree bolts.

#3 ·
thanks for the reply, I just finished the install,i finally just loosened the other side and then it worked fine. the video did as you said it shows one side with shorter extentions. I don't know how to post pics unless I start a new thread so ill try to put up a pic soon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.