Speed limiter bypassed - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2012, 09:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Speed limiter bypassed

This is only a short video of the limiter being by passed. I recorded first Thur third gear. The bike is runs very strong through the entire rpm range with zero hesitation on the throttle. The speed is now governed by rpm which can very depending on load placed on the motor. "Uphill/Downhill" On average 1st=44mph, 2nd=66mph, 3rd=90 and 4th gear I've only hit 105 and back off. so i haven't seen the top end of fourth or fifth yet.
If you ever hit the speed limiter then you probably know that feeling....''SHIT THAT SUCKS!'' just a little more would be perfect. Well it is, It's called PCV.... The bike wants to naturally shift around 40, 60, 80. So i still ride the bike pretty much like i did with one exception I have only hit the rev limiter once in 1st gear by accident. That alone make the bike feel twice and powerful. All i can tell you is now the bike performs and feels like what you would expect from Honda. Absolutely zero regret with my choice. Of course this is only my honest opinion of the product and performance. So that being said, Im still going to have the bike put on the dyno soon.

Last edited by thenewaftermath; 03-26-2012 at 09:52 PM.
thenewaftermath is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2012, 09:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

Idle around 900 rpm's

Last edited by thenewaftermath; 03-26-2012 at 09:53 PM.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

That's really cool.... but man my bike accelerates no where NEAR that quick.... so i have to assume you are no where near as heavy as i am.

curious - how'd you by pass the limiter, though i noticed you never went passed 100mph and claim in the video shows the limiter being passed. is it a computer reprogram?
Rick Furyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

nice video's, be careful on that two lane!!!
2010 FURY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:19 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Furyous View Post
That's really cool.... but man my bike accelerates no where NEAR that quick.... so i have to assume you are no where near as heavy as i am.
I was going to say that, man my bike does NOT accelerate that fast. I was very impressed. Then you pointed out the obvious, I'm too fat I can't believe the difference.
Exredninjaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

Wow pretty cool man. Congrats on doing what others tried and want. I don't see a need to go over 100 since I rarely hit 95. But I do like the lower idle though. What did you do????
Old 03-26-2012, 10:23 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exredninjaguy View Post
I was going to say that, man my bike does NOT accelerate that fast. I was very impressed. Then you pointed out the obvious, I'm too fat I can't believe the difference.
I may be mistaken but mine seems to be somewhat the same. as far as shifting
Old 03-26-2012, 10:26 PM   #8 (permalink)

I'm using the Power Commander PCV 16-025 with built in ignition module and rev extend. In the video ran out of road. But have had the bike to 105. I put another 200 miles on friday but did not have my GO- Pro with me. I'll hit the highway this weekend and open it up with the go pro.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:29 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exredninjaguy View Post
I weigh in at 190 lbs
Old 03-26-2012, 10:30 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewaftermath View Post
I'm using the Power Commander PCV 16-025 with built in ignition module and rev extend. In the video ran out of road. But have had the bike to 105. I put another 200 miles on friday but did not have my GO- Pro with me. I'll hit the highway this weekend and open it up with the go pro.
Be careful !!!
Advertisement