Honda Fury Forums: banner

mounting question about kuryakyn velociraptor

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  garvin90 
#1 ·
After installing the kuryakyn velociraptor, I noticed the fit of the nut on the stud between the cylinders where the L bracket fit onto. The end of the stud barely covers the last of the thread in the nut after the finished install. When you put your finger over it, the stud is actually recessed in from the face of the nut. Just wondering if any more of you velociraptor owners noticed the same thing. If so, does this matter?? If it does matter, how did you fix it (if anyone has fixed it)??

#3 ·
ok I also noticed this after my install. So i was sure to use blue locktite. and torque it to the proper value. I have had zero issues..

Now haveing said that. Im an avaition mechanic and it goes against everything i have ever been taught to allow such a thing to exsist. you should always have a minimum of 2 threads protuding from any nut or nut plate. So I am currenting looking for the proper length both to replace it.

But like i said Ive had Zero issues

#4 ·
I sent an email off to kuryakyn. Here is their reply:

"I checked with quality control and when the velociraptor was designed and trial fit on a Fury the bolt you are referring to had plenty of engagement and met spec. We could not find where Honda had changed the length of the screw. Unfortunately we do not have any alternate hardware than what is supplied or I would be glad to send you a longer bolt. If you give me the specs on the original bolt I can check other hardware kits to see if we have something for you. Thank you for bringing this to our attention if we hear more of this we will add the necessary bolt to the kit
Sorry I cannot be of more immediate help.

Gene Vorwerk - Tech support
P: 866-277-9598 - F: 715-247-5007"

Feel free to give them a call or send them an email too; letting them know it's just more than me who has a problem with this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.