Ducks air intakes - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2012, 11:54 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ducks air intakes

I really like the stock intake but I'd like to cut a design into it like the ones made by Ducks Custom Intakes. Is anyone running one of these on their bike? Does it need additional filtration behind the cut out? Will it effect engine performance and is a fuel controller needed? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Vray69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2012, 12:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

I sent my spare air cover out last Saturday. Currently Len is not doing any covers til possibly the end of July. He was involved in an accident while riding.

"I was involved in a motorcycle accident. I will not be doing covers for a while until I heal up. I will try to answer emails if I can. I have a bunch of stitches and a fracture in my arm. I hope to be doing covers by the end of July if I am healed by then. Thanks for looking into Ducks covers.

Len"

Don't get mad, get Furious!
Old 07-04-2012, 01:00 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yeah... I saw that on his site. His work looks really awesome. I'm really wanting to do it myself, as my idea isn't very intricate and I'm pretty good with a dremel tool. I'm just wondering if I need to find some type of black foam filter to put behind the cutout and if performance will be affected. Not even sure any air flows into the motor through that portion of the cover. According to some suzuki m109 sites, which is what he mainly does, air doesn't even enter the motor from that area anyway and no filtration is needed. Can't find any info though about the Fury.
Vray69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

You would be fine on performance, I would think you will need to clean the filter a little more often because it will be bringing in more air, which means more dust. These are just my thoughts. As for fuel controller, I dont think any others have complained about a change in performance or need for air/fuel controller. I would attempt this myself, but thats just me. I have a dremel and "ain't skeered" LOL!

I still have my original cover, give me an idea of what your wanting and I will try something that someone would be interested in and if it turns out, you can send me your factory one and pay me for my time. I won't expect to make what Ducks is making, I just would like to play with the idea possibly.
Furious84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

Ducks air intakes-fury-6.jpgHere is mine,very satisfied.No change to anything but it does seem to run better.He does great work.
Loco65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:09 PM   #6 (permalink)

Wow. Great cover. Nice work. Can u give details of who,when and addy.? Thanks

Sent by Smoke Signals
Old 07-04-2012, 06:37 PM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks... Found it ... Great work.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:20 PM   #8 (permalink)

I have had my Duck cover for six months now, really love it. No change to anything, runs the sane, just look cooler. You can see a picture of my Fury on his Web site.
Floridafuryman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:33 PM   #9 (permalink)

duckscovers.com
Loco65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
CWB

Great guy, great service, and great quality. Highly recommend his company!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Ducks air intakes-2012-01-22-16.12.52.jpg  

Last edited by CWB; 07-04-2012 at 09:26 PM.
CWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement