FSD vs. MFR Exhaust? - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2012, 07:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default FSD vs. MFR Exhaust?

Hello fellow Fury brothers and sisters.. I am wondering if I should just get the FSD 2 into 1 pipes or wait for MFR Mike. Personally I like the pipes Mike has better but I want to get them within a few weeks and don't think I can arrange that with Mike in that time frame, any thoughts on the subject? Thanks.

John.

Old 08-07-2012, 07:17 PM   #2 (permalink)

I would wait and get what I really wanted.

Sent from my ThunderBolt
Old 08-07-2012, 07:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

FSD makes some nice pipes and a lot of people are very happy with them. However, if you want that custom one of a kind from MFR you have to be willing to play the waiting game as it's a one man show. If you want some more sound out of the stock pipes to hold you over a little longer you can always modify the stock baffles to get more sound out of them in the mean time. It definitely sounds better, still nothing like some aftermarket ones, but it makes the wait less miserable atleast.

Last edited by Jordheim; 08-07-2012 at 07:23 PM.
Jordheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

FSD pipes are great quality pipes however as others have stated only 3 production styles you can have Frankie build you a custom set but there again lead time. Mfr does all one off styles for you the customer that is why there is a lead time. Mfr pipes that I have seen are truly personal to the bike. Can speak for the long term quality because I don't have a set of my own. I run FSD pipes and absolutely love them.

Go with your look you are trying to create and make your decision on that.
abonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
jw

Or buy the FSDs Andy selling run them & if you have Mike build you a custom set sell the FSDs ? I'm sure you won't have an issue getting rid of them if you go MFR direction ! I personally like the pipes of Mikes I have better then Frankie's but he did say he was working on a 2-2 system which will be interesting !

Last edited by jw; 08-07-2012 at 07:34 PM.
jw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

Wow, I'm on the fence with this question. I have MFR pipes on my bike, but the wait was excruciating. The FSD pipes are also very bad ass looking pipes and you can have them a lot quicker. I am not a patient person and the wait drove me nuts. All in all, it's what you really want and if you are willing to wait for it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 08-07-2012, 07:49 PM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks for the input, My issue is I am a very strange individual when I build something, I NEVER want my builds to look like anyone else so I strive for perfection in everything I build but I don't like to waste time either, I like to start a project and finish in a timely matter. I am not crazy about the 2 into 1 pipes myself and just want a set of shorty duals all black with a black heat wrap. I guess I can start all the other mods and wait on the pipes but the stock ones to me just don't fit the bike at all... plus i'm still waiting from an answer from Mike to let me know what the time frame is. I am building a Busa soon so maybe ill start that first and wait on this until I get the pipe issue resolved.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
jw

Sounds like to me MFR is your man.
jw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:21 PM   #9 (permalink)

Mike's pipes are worth the wait in my opinion. I agree with Taco the anticapation was killer but once you have them installed and fire it up, it makes the wait worth it. He could build you a set and have you get them coated which may take some time off the wait because the chrome guy is always dragging his ass.
KevsFury is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:25 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevsFury View Post
Mike's pipes are worth the wait in my opinion. I agree with Taco the anticapation was killer but once you have them installed and fire it up, it makes the wait worth it. He could build you a set and have you get them coated which may take some time off the wait because the chrome guy is always dragging his ass.

I don't want chrome anyway, Just black with black wrap. I agree with his pipes, They are badass..