Fork extensions without lowering - Page 3 - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 09:06 AM   #21 (permalink)

What Kiowa said.

Salty Hog was here.
460brevill is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 09:26 AM   #22 (permalink)

Default 4' Inch Fork Extensions

Just wanted to post an update about the extensions. I went from 3' extensions to 4' awhile back. I did not notice much difference in the handling of the bike.

There is a different feel of course, but nothing too dramatic. Since putting on the 4's and riding around for a bit, I did get the XL Lowering Spring from L&M. I did that strictly for the looks.

I cannot say enough bad things about the rear of our bikes. I think Honda missed the boat on our rear ends. But I also understand this is my opinion only.

Putting the lowering spring on did not change the handling very much either.

I wont say there is NO difference. I will say the difference is not huge, at least to me.

So for me from a riding postion point of view, here is what I have done over time.

1) 4' extensions
2) XL Lowering Spring
3) MFR Forwards

And just for fun, the front fender is sitting in the attic... I like the look of the bike without it. I may regret that, especially in the rain, but a temp tool bag or bandana tied to the forks will alter the path of water to my face I hope. Time will tell. I am a FAIR weather rider... But sooner or later, I am gonna get caught.

Vic
Victrix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:36 AM   #23 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victrix View Post
Just wanted to post an update about the extensions. I went from 3' extensions to 4' awhile back. I did not notice much difference in the handling of the bike.

There is a different feel of course, but nothing too dramatic. Since putting on the 4's and riding around for a bit, I did get the XL Lowering Spring from L&M. I did that strictly for the looks.

I cannot say enough bad things about the rear of our bikes. I think Honda missed the boat on our rear ends. But I also understand this is my opinion only.

Putting the lowering spring on did not change the handling very much either.

I wont say there is NO difference. I will say the difference is not huge, at least to me.

So for me from a riding postion point of view, here is what I have done over time.

1) 4' extensions
2) XL Lowering Spring
3) MFR Forwards

And just for fun, the front fender is sitting in the attic... I like the look of the bike without it. I may regret that, especially in the rain, but a temp tool bag or bandana tied to the forks will alter the path of water to my face I hope. Time will tell. I am a FAIR weather rider... But sooner or later, I am gonna get caught.

Vic
Yeah we know you don't like the looks of the rear end lol. Seriously though you have to think that Honda did it for a reason, one could be so that when riding two up that you won't bottom out the rear fender frame against the tire and I'm sure there are other reasons on why they did it that's beyond our comprehension, but it is what it is.

You can do the T-Mod to the rear, use a lowering spring, get an air ride suspension so there are things that we as the owners can do to get rid of the dirt bike rear end, not like we don't have any options.

Mods: Morton Inferno And STG 2 into 1 Exhaust,Painted Engine,PowderCoated Rims,Kury Skull Shift pegs,Foot Pegs,Passenger Pegs,Danny Gray Seat,Ginz Sissybar,STG Fork Covers,Freedom T-Mod, PowderCoated Rims,Irate Skull Grill, MFR +3 Forwards
X_KIOWA_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:14 AM   #24 (permalink)

That is what I did. Have the 3" extensions and performed the modified version T-Mod along with the stealth light kit. Factory spring on soft and it will bottom on the bracketry for the light when riding 2-up on a dip. No way can I put a lowering spring on with mod I did. Tire would be rubbing all the time! Love the look!
Gmmastertech1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:01 PM   #25 (permalink)

You are right, we do have options, there is that.

I did the Lowering Spring bit to help out. When I am sitting on the bike it looks great!!

Our bikes even look ok stock as long as someone is sitting on them. It's when they are parked they don't look so good.

Once I put the lowering spring on and sat on the bike, it looked WAY better. I could solve the park'ed look problem with an air ride. I probably should have, but it was Christmas and I also wanted that Dual Spike look too. All about compromise.

My wife is riding an Iron 883 and the back end of that bike actually looks better than ours.

I have a cousin with a Stryker, that rear end has us beat, so I have to give credit. The rest of his bike does not look as good as the Fury though. They must have put all thier attention to the rear end and left the rest out.

You are right though, we do have options. Although none of them are cheap.

Soon as I can wear out my rear tire, or when the front wears out, I plan to put the widest tire I can on on the back without the kosman or the sumo. I will be hunting those threads pretty soon.

I love my Fury though and would not trade it.

Vic
Old 01-02-2013, 04:11 PM   #26 (permalink)
jw

I've got T-mod / 3" extensions / lower spring / Raw rear stealth and LOVE the look and it handles to me much better then stock. With the risers & Buttcrack it rides beautifully !
jw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:56 PM   #27 (permalink)

I keep waiting for someone on the forum to get the new Danny Gray Buttcrack\Airhawk seat.

I am looking for something. I have a Corbin Solo. But it is not the best looking seat out there.

Vic
Old 01-02-2013, 05:38 PM   #28 (permalink)
jw

Looking at his site I don't see a Buttcrack AirHawk ? The AirHawk it shows is a Weekday 2Up and a BigSeat Solo. I've got the Buttcrack.
jw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:54 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_KIOWA_X View Post
Yeah we know you don't like the looks of the rear end lol. Seriously though you have to think that Honda did it for a reason, one could be so that when riding two up that you won't bottom out the rear fender frame against the tire and I'm sure there are other reasons on why they did it that's beyond our comprehension, but it is what it is.

You can do the T-Mod to the rear, use a lowering spring, get an air ride suspension so there are things that we as the owners can do to get rid of the dirt bike rear end, not like we don't have any options.
Someone piss in ur Cheerios today?

Sinister1
sinster1-2010 matte silver,accutronix side mount plate holder,zombie levers,MFR MONGOS,custom mirrors,DLX spike t-band chrome grips,accutronix air cleaner adapter,demons cycle spike chrome air cleaner,L&M lowering spring
sinister1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:39 PM   #30 (permalink)

Default Airhawk Buttcrack

I saw it somewhere or it was referenced somewhere. I called them to ask about it. They do have it. I have not pulled the trigger just yet.

I figured I would go with the other stuff first, in hopes that someone would have jumped by now.

My Corbin Solo seat sits pretty deep and now that my seating postion has changed a bit, it feel it after ahwile right about where my back belt-loop starts. I guess right below the belt if I was wearing one. It takes 150 to 200 miles before I feel it. If it was not for that it would be perfect. The butt area is fine. Huge improvement over stock. I have a Mean City Cycles stock conversion, but it starts hurting right in the butt after about 100 miles.

That Buttcrack does not seem to be as high in the back as the Corbin.

One day, I will find the seat for me. The best I ever had was my 2 up Corbin. I love that, but not the look. Since my wife got her bike, mine is not set up for a passenger anymore. (No foot pegs). That seat has less than a thousand miles on it. I guess I should try to sell it. Because I wont be using it.

The search continues.

Vic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement