Snap, crackle & pop exhaust - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 04:10 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Snap, crackle & pop exhaust

I have picked up a 2010 fury which has cobra sweep pipes on it. Sound is great, but when I decelerate, the bike suffers from the rice bubble sound of snap, crackle & pop, which is damn annoying.

It also has a replacement air filter with s&s super on it. I have read threads about fitting various units which will eliminate the problem. I rang the previous owner, who thought that something had been fitted.

Never had this problem prior, as my previous rides were either crotch rockets or a hd bad boy springer.

So my questions are, where would it be mounted & if there is not one, what would be the recommendations?

Thanks
Austones
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 05:06 AM   #2 (permalink)

If u search Pair valve removal , it will explain Ur issue , and I'm sure more ppl will advise , after removing it , I only get an occasional pop after hard accel / decel.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
DaveRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Actually you could have a couple of different problems, exhaust leak, or it could be you need to remove the pair valve, and if you don't have a fuel controller you might want to look into getting one since you have an aftermarket exhaust and aftermarket air intake, those are my suggestions.

Mods: Morton Inferno And STG 2 into 1 Exhaust,Painted Engine,PowderCoated Rims,Kury Skull Shift pegs,Foot Pegs,Passenger Pegs,Danny Gray Seat,Ginz Sissybar,STG Fork Covers,Freedom T-Mod, PowderCoated Rims,Irate Skull Grill, MFR +3 Forwards
X_KIOWA_X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:13 AM   #4 (permalink)

The very first thing you should check is the bolts at the heads on the exhaust pipes. A small leak there will definitely cause your popping.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:59 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_KIOWA_X View Post
Actually you could have a couple of different problems, exhaust leak, or it could be you need to remove the pair valve, and if you don't have a fuel controller you might want to look into getting one since you have an aftermarket exhaust and aftermarket air intake, those are my suggestions.
What X_KIOWA_X says, Plus look here VTX-Parts 1300 & 1800 Honda VTX Custom Motorcycle Parts, Pair Valve Covers, Radiator Grill Covers, Exhaust System Covers, Reed Valve Covers, Polished Stainless Steel, Polished Aluminum, Chrome
Old 12-04-2012, 01:34 PM   #6 (permalink)

Be sure you get the plates with dimples.
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:13 PM   #7 (permalink)

You can also tap the cover for 7/16 or 10mm as shown , a member posted these pics , Snap, crackle & pop exhaust-imageuploadedbymotorcycle1354648227.742958.jpg
Snap, crackle & pop exhaust-imageuploadedbymotorcycle1354648243.810310.jpg
Snap, crackle & pop exhaust-imageuploadedbymotorcycle1354648261.922955.jpg
This is how I blocked mine , also block the exit from Ur air cleaner , I cut the plastic back , tapped and blocked with 8mm if I remember correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
DaveRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:28 PM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks, I will have a look this weekend & see what if anything has been done

Cheers
Austones
Advertisement