need some help please - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 08:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default need some help please

i bought some kurykan silver built leds front and rear . when i first wired them up they worked fine now my rear will not flash .i had the big bike parts flasher relay installed when i first wired everything up.now that ive went out to recheck everything none of them worked.i just switched back to the stock flasher relay and check all fuses every fuse is good and now the fronts will work but not the back unless you take a hot wire tester and stick it to the positive side of the connector and they will flash.i dont understand.
fury2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 08:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

You could have a bad relay, bad conection somewhere, the wires could be reversed, or poor ground. I ran into that problem when I put after market signals on the front and it was a bad relay. I went through 2 relays before it worked. I try to stay away from china made relays and other electronics because of that.
Nite Fury is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:05 PM   #3 (permalink)

i have the everyone suggested big bike parts.they wont even work with the stock relay in . i checked all the grounds they are good
Old 12-08-2012, 10:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

the front signals will work with the stock flasher but not the rear signals
Old 12-09-2012, 08:20 AM   #5 (permalink)

I had an issue with the stock relay connector , where the pins weakened after putting after market relay in.
Make sure the contacts are tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
DaveRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:33 AM   #6 (permalink)

ok i will try that
Old 12-09-2012, 10:01 AM   #7 (permalink)

the fronts will work with the factory flasher in but the rear will for a split second.unless u take a hot wire test and stick it on the hot wire then the rear will work.none of them will work with the big brake parts flasher in
Old 12-09-2012, 10:49 AM   #8 (permalink)

U could hook up your old signals and if they work , u prove the circuitry , then you have probably the need for resistors .

Old 12-09-2012, 04:32 PM   #9 (permalink)

finally got them to work . i do have another question are stock rear turns are 2 wire the kurykan are 3 wire i know the 3rd wire is for running light .but the other day i talk to a kurykan tech and he said u can still hook the running light wire to the turn signal wire and everything well still work and thats the way i did it but on the direction it says u dont have to hook the running light wire if ur running them on the rear.so will i hurt the lights having the running lights hooked to the turn signal wire also.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:49 PM   #10 (permalink)

Why don't u connect the run light wire from the brake/run connector (3 wire connector) to Ur new signals and have them operate as run/turn

Sponsored Links
Advertisement