Vance and hines fuel pack... - Page 2 - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 12:57 AM   #11 (permalink)

Cannella also do black risers now.
macxpert is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 06:53 PM   #12 (permalink)

Shipping is the killer for us in OZ. Went to order the Canella risers & their shipping costs were huge. $143. That is almost 3 times what it cost to ship my d&g xl seat from the states. Customized cruising rates are reasonable & have bought from them, but when comparing the price, don't forget to include shipping for a true cost comparison.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:16 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austones View Post
Shipping is the killer for us in OZ. Went to order the Canella risers & their shipping costs were huge. $143. That is almost 3 times what it cost to ship my d&g xl seat from the states. Customized cruising rates are reasonable & have bought from them, but when comparing the price, don't forget to include shipping for a true cost comparison.
Thats outrageous. Did you contact the owner? Tell him you were referred by Furyforum members. If that doesn't work maybe a different riser available in OZ would be a better fit for you?
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:47 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Are you sure? When I got mine they sent them out USPS and it cost about $25 or $40. Cannella are a small shop and you either deal with the owner or his wife, I'd call them and ask as it seems like they made a mistake. There is no way they are big or heavy enough to cost that sort of money to ship, unless you are paying full Fedex express rates (door to door in 3 days or less).

The other trick I found out is that many of the suppliers don't want to go to the post office because it takes an hour of their time. So I ask how much would you pay your guy to go to the post office, they mostly say about $15, then I say if I pay his wages for the hour will you post it? Often they say sure most people don't want to pay for our guy's time to go to the PO and back. So $15 for the time and $20 for the post is a heck of a lot cheaper than Fedex.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:57 PM   #15 (permalink)

You can go to their site & check it out. I picked the chrome riser with the extra stainless bolts, went to checkout, checked shipping & that was the cheapest cost they had.

I hear you point about having to go to the post office, but in my view, you are either in online sales or not. If you are, then get your shipping prices down. A lot of the online places have free shipping within the 48 states & reasonable shipping elsewhere. IMHO, if you don't want international business, then say so. If you do, then the retailer needs to look at shipping costs. If going to the USPO, is the reasonable way to ship, then go to the post office, even if it is only once a week. You can also list quicker more expensive shipping on your site & the buyer can choose to pay the extra for the fast delivery. If a retailer does low volume USPO shipping, then by all means add a handling charge to cover the trip to the post office. People have being doing this on Ebay for ages

I will wait a few extra days for a reasonable shipping price. I am the buyer, I have the cash & if I don't like the deal, I will go to one of their competitors, which I have. I have bought the Vtxtreme risers & they are on the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Old 01-02-2013, 02:05 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
You can go to their site & check it out. I picked the chrome riser with the extra stainless bolts, went to checkout, checked shipping & that was the cheapest cost they had.

I hear you point about having to go to the post office, but in my view, you are either in online sales or not. If you are, then get your shipping prices down. A lot of the online places have free shipping within the 48 states & reasonable shipping elsewhere. IMHO, if you don't want international business, then say so. If you do, then the retailer needs to look at shipping costs. If going to the USPO, is the reasonable way to ship, then go to the post office, even if it is only once a week. You can also list quicker more expensive shipping on your site & the buyer can choose to pay the extra for the fast delivery. If a retailer does low volume USPO shipping, then by all means add a handling charge to cover the trip to the post office. People have being doing this on Ebay for ages

I will wait a few extra days for a reasonable shipping price. I am the buyer, I have the cash & if I don't like the deal, I will go to one of their competitors, which I have. I have bought the Vtxtreme risers & they are on the way.

I just took a look and to get two replacement bolts out they wanted US $97 to ship $6-50 worth of bolts. They are using UPS express but even so they are loading the shipping up like crazy. They can't want to sell anything internationally now. Yet they will ship free USPS to us addresses.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:01 AM   #17 (permalink)

It's obvious that they are not interested in international business, unless that can find someone who will pay their loaded prices. Like I said, talk with your feet.

Btw, Vtxchoppers who sell the vtxtreme risers, are great to do business with. Shipping is reasonable & they are providing email updates on the shipping progress vis US postal service.

Maybe we should get a thread going called international retailers thumbs up or down

Old 01-02-2013, 08:24 AM   #18 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Another thing you could do is find someone that you would trust, buy the part and ship to them and then have them ship to you. I know when I sold my stock front seat that it cost like $65 to ship it and it got to the person in 7 days, I was amazed, hell it's taken me longer to get stuff from California to my house in Florida than that. Just thought I would throw that out their.

Mods: Morton Inferno And STG 2 into 1 Exhaust,Painted Engine,PowderCoated Rims,Kury Skull Shift pegs,Foot Pegs,Passenger Pegs,Danny Gray Seat,Ginz Sissybar,STG Fork Covers,Freedom T-Mod, PowderCoated Rims,Irate Skull Grill, MFR +3 Forwards
X_KIOWA_X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:54 PM   #19 (permalink)

That would work, but only for those who realize the shipping is too expensive & organize something with a local brother.

Old 01-02-2013, 02:29 PM   #20 (permalink)

I got an email back from Christine this morning. She said USPS to Oz would be $65. I asked if they would ship to my buddy in California and she said no problem just give them the address to ship it to. So the trick is to have it shipped to a mate in the USA.
Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement