Hyper Charger - Page 2 - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 11:49 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious Brit View Post
Yeah Richard ! But dont we just love it ?
Great fun yes but i should be working on customer cars not have everyone working on my bike lol
ridgeracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2013, 12:13 PM   #12 (permalink)

Location: West End of the 49th 2010-ABS-Fury (US) Septuagenarian Rider
Send a message via Skype™ to Seņor Gar
Default Vacuum Port

If you need a vacuum port and choose the factory way you'll need to remove the manifold to get at the boss for drilling and chip removal .
Old 01-04-2013, 06:53 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgeracer View Post
Hi I keep reading about the vacuum issue I would be interested to know how other people have sorted that? I have now (thanks to great help) found several types of adapter to attach an air kit but as yet am not sure which one to use.
I have seen the aluminium ones but have also seen a fibre glass one (that needs painting) and even a smaller type one, which seems to be a sort of cover

40106A - HON Fury-Hypercharger Adaptor Only - Type A

40107A - HON Fury-Corsair Adaptor Only - Type A

Accutronix CV Air Cleaner Adapterfor Fury/Sabre/Stateline/Interstate 1300 '10 - 1010-0758

Low & Mean Honda Fury Spike Intake Adapter - LM-02F-1005

If anyone has any experience of these I would love to know I am concerned about the Hyper charger sticking out too far. It does appear though what ever I end up using, Hyper charger or some type of filter I will need some type of adapter to get it to fit

I am also wondering if the hyper charger is really worth the effort and will the vacuum we rig up actually make the flaps work properly, hopefully there will be a Hyper charger user on here

Richard
The Thunder 40106A is specifically made for the hyper charger. Thunder also state that the vacuum line may be left off with no impact on performance. I guess the flaps would have to be removed or left open It would be a good idea to ask them what they suggest though.

One of the reasons I opted for a combination of a ThunderMfg adapter and a spike air cleaner is that it stopped my knee from hitting the air cleaner. If you like the old school look of the velocity stack take a look at Gar's write up on his 2 barrel air cleaner, it combines old school cool with improved comfort.
macxpert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:23 AM   #14 (permalink)

Hey,

What kind of pipes do you have? Looks good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exredninjaguy View Post
You have to buy an adaptor (like the Low and Mean one) and then any 3 bolt Harley air intaKe will work. I bought a Cobra Powr Flo which has it's own adaptor. It is similar to a hypercharger, but no flaps.

Old 05-06-2014, 06:32 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Swede View Post
Hey,

What kind of pipes do you have? Looks good!
Thanks! The pipes were made by MFR. He is a member here and has made many many cool things for our bikes. I always liked the Fuggin pipes, which are impossible to find, so I had MFR made these which are very similar. They sound awesome!
Exredninjaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement