Anyone with Joe Florida's LED lights READ THIS!!! - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2009, 11:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Default Anyone with Joe Florida's LED lights READ THIS!!!

Ok, so I wanted more lights on the bike. I ordered a kit from Joe Florida with the key fob remote and installed it all last night. I was getting frustrated because the lights kept turning on by themselves every few hours. I called Joe this morning to discuss it. He stated that they have been having trouble due to the way that the ON/OFF switch is wired into the system. Joe stated that the backfeed into the control box is frying the control box and rendering it useless. He told me to remove the switch from the system without completing the circuit between the wires going to and coming from the switch and the problem would go away. This fixed the problem.

Here is what I did:
Removed the switch from the system, but kept the yellow and black wired together. I then put the switch in line between the red wire and the fuse. This way, I can kill all power to the lights if I need to. (The cops don't like bikes with accent lights up here in Jersey) Hope this helps.

Here is Joe florida's diagram. I covered the switch with my hand to show it was removed.
[IMG][/IMG]
2010 HONDA FURY MATTE SILVER SE #46
chopped is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2009, 11:47 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopped View Post
Ok, so I wanted more lights on the bike. I ordered a kit from Joe Florida with the key fob remote and installed it all last night. I was getting frustrated because the lights kept turning on by themselves every few hours. I called Joe this morning to discuss it. He stated that they have been having trouble due to the way that the ON/OFF switch is wired into the system. Joe stated that the backfeed into the control box is frying the control box and rendering it useless. He told me to remove the switch from the system without completing the circuit between the wires going to and coming from the switch and the problem would go away. This fixed the problem.

Here is what I did:
Removed the switch from the system, but kept the yellow and black wired together. I then put the switch in line between the red wire and the fuse. This way, I can kill all power to the lights if I need to. (The cops don't like bikes with accent lights up here in Jersey) Hope this helps.

Here is Joe florida's diagram. I covered the switch with my hand to show it was removed.
[IMG][/IMG]
Chopped,
Thanks for informing everyone... This design is about a year old... Now included in every kit of this product that is sold I include a new set of instructions... As you are aware all my product are backed by me for as long as you own the bike... They are very high quality and for sure the lowest price on the whole www... I am alway available to answer any questions anyone has about my products or just LEDs in general... Regards, JoeFlorida...
JoeFlorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 08:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
LDJ

I never wired my on/off switch just the remote. I have had my Joe Florida light kit on since June with no problems otherwise I would have warned you chopped.

Joe I have been bragging about your lights since I got them. My friends have spent way more on other kits and can't believe how bright mine are compared to theirs. Thanks for a quality product.
2010 HONDA FURY MATTE SILVER #10
LDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:27 AM   #4 (permalink)

I have Joes light kit and it works awesome installed a month or so ago. Would recommend to anyone. He is a great guy also!

I also ordered extra light strip he got it out asap! And sent some other stuff I had issues with reall good Ebayer!
Led Sled is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement