Honda Fury Forums: banner

"Exposing myself as a (re)flasher" per agatenby's suggestion (Holy Grail ECU Reflash)

45K views 302 replies 84 participants last post by  On 2 wheels 
#1 ·
I agree a count would be cool, and this seems an easy way. Did a Guhl reflash, including lower idle, last month. 1

#5 ·
5. two into two with 660rpm idle and stock atf ratio maps reflash.

#16 ·
Per Furry's question in the now unwieldy 115 pg and counting Grail thread...

could some one test top speed in first 4 gears when rev limit kicks in, and some one retest with 6500 rev limit, would be nice to know what we have gained in each gear for speed, dont be afraid to go to the 6500 settings it pulls nicely up to 6500 i ran out of good weather to do a 6500 rpm/ speed test. and a 680 idle, 20 rpms is 2% lower from a 30% average drop in idle we have obtained, sounds like 660 is an issue
A guy who knows a guy who has a stock Fury (stock pipes, stock intake) with the reflash said the speedometer indicated values are (i.e., no adjustment for actual land speed that you might see on a GPS or what have you):

Rev limiter initial intervention at:
1st gear 45 mph
2nd gear 72 mph
3rd gear 96 mph
4th gear beyond stock speedo (~ 112 mph)
5th gear beyond stock speedo -- wind resistance becomes the issue for top speed -- need to go Bonneville Salt Flats style fully laid out, he says...

#17 ·
A guy who knows a guy who has a stock Fury (stock pipes, stock intake) with the reflash said the speedometer indicated values are (i.e., no adjustment for actual land speed that you might see on a GPS or what have you):

Rev limiter initial intervention at:
1st gear 45 mph
2nd gear 72 mph
3rd gear 96 mph
4th gear beyond stock speedo (~ 112 mph)
5th gear beyond stock speedo -- wind resistance becomes the issue for top speed -- need to go Bonneville Salt Flats style fully laid out, he says...
I posted the info about gears and rev limits in the other thread. Just FYI

#25 ·
Me too.

Hello all,

Let this be my intro. as well. I recently purchased a 2015 Black Fury. It was delivered to my door with 0 miles on the odo. A first for me...

I only have 3 miles as a health problem has kept me off for now, but that has given me the opportunity to find this site and all the good info. here. My wallet not so happy, though.

Through this site I have found and ordered Fork extenders, USA chrome spike air cleaner, Lowered rear fender with the lights and frenched in plate. Hacker Exhaust Zippers in chrome and now just mailed off the ECU. Man the FedEx ain't cheap...

Really looking forward to having lots of fun on this thing...

Oh ya, I am David from Chicago

Thanks again for all the unfo. Maybe see some of you from the area this summer at the Open Sore. LOL...

Cheers.

This post has been deleted
#39 ·
That Don is the Man!

On the way to my car this AM around 10 I happened to look into the mail box and guess what was there. That's right my ECU

Raining now so soon as it stops I think a sudden illness will require my leaving work for the day...

Thanks again for information here and Don the Man for his breakthrough technology.

Cheers,

David

Thanks t

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.