Honda Fury Forums: banner

Smartphone diagnostic app?

6K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  AV8R 
#1 ·
Hi, does anybody know if there are devices that can plug into the fury diagnostic port and display diagnostic and performance data onto a smart phone? For my cars, I have a Bluetooth adapter that plugs into the OBD2 port and an app to show various things going on with the car. This is a screenshot of the app showing stuff about my toyota

Does something like this exists for the Fury? It looks like there was something called gaugeface but that looks like it didn't quite make it.

See less See more
#6 ·
That looks like the one that I use. Click => Torque ? OBD2 Performance and Diagnostics for your Vehicle Bluetooth adapter plugs in, gives you tons of info, scan and clear CEL codes. Wish they used OBD2 on bikes.
That's the app I use, torque, with a cheap $10 bluetooth odb2 adapter. I was kinda hoping that motorcycles were up to the point where they would have something similar but they look like they're only up to obd1 where you jump a couple of wires and the MIL blinks a code at you

#7 · (Edited)
We have a diagnostic port of sorts and that's where my Gear Position Indicator gets its data by comparing vehicle speed and rpm. It's a four wire Data Link Connector under the seat on the left side (at least on my ABS Fury) and isn't normally connected. Honda Dealers have a scan tool which connects here.

A few years ago I ran into the Sven Resch [mailto:sven@logicopolis.com] who developed the GaugeFace at the local Harley Dealer. He said he would come over and take my data stream to see if he could interpret the protocol and I'm still waiting, LoL. If you are interested start bombarding him with eMails and see if we can get something going. Maybe he needs to talk to Don Guhl and compare notes :skellie: Ken, what do you think ?

#11 ·
So that means back to steam gauges . . . . . . . .

Attachments

Reactions: Kbuskill
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.