Honda Fury Forums: banner

8 Degree Triple Trees Questions

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  aj8650 
#1 ·
I looked extensively through multiple threads, however, I could not find the answers to these questions:

1.) Are the 8 degree triple trees sold by Low and Mean and Vtx-treme the same, as in made by the same manufacturer?

2.) If they are not, will the Fat Fork Covers sold by Vtx-treme work on the triple trees sold by Low and Mean?

3.) Will I need longer clutch and throttle cables with the following set-up? 8 degree triple trees, 3" fork extension, Cannella risers made to work with 8 degree triple trees.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

#2 ·
I looked extensively through multiple threads, however, I could not find the answers to these questions:

1.) Are the 8 degree triple trees sold by Low and Mean and Vtx-treme the same, as in made by the same manufacturer?
yes both are made by Darrel at vtx-treme call him direct for better pricing

2.) If they are not, will the Fat Fork Covers sold by Vtx-treme work on the triple trees sold by Low and Mean? answered above

3.) Will I need longer clutch and throttle cables with the following set-up? 8 degree triple trees, 3" fork extension, Cannella risers made to work with 8 degree triple trees. i have everything but the risers so i cant confirm this

Thanks in advance for any answers.
see my edits above

#3 ·
Yes the Cannella riser will work with the 8* triple trees.

There are 2 types of Cannella risers.
One for the regular trees and one specifically designed to off set the 8* triple trees.

I have the regular Cannella riser, even though I have the 8* triple trees.
The reason I did this is because I wanted the bars to sit as far back and as close to the tank as possible. But know this, my speedometer is mounted on the side so I have no clearance issues getting the key into the gas cap. I have heard of some guys who have had clearance issues getting the key In the gas cap because it hits the speedometer.

Also the Cannella risers that takes care of this problem with the gas cap, makes the handlebars sit 1-2" higher and slightly further away then the regular riser.

I have to say I love my riser and bar set up!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.